- After dropping a 4-3 overtime decision to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday night at the Bell Centre, the Canadiens were back at practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday afteroon. Michel Therrien’s troops will battle the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night in Montreal.
- The Canadiens’ bench boss featured a few changes on his forward lines at practice. Jacob De La Rose centered a line with Lars Eller and Christian Thomas, while Manny Malhotra lined up between Michael Bournival and Brandon Prust. For his part, Jiri Sekac took reps on the fourth line.
- Therrien ran his players through a rather intense workout on Friday. Battle drills along the boards were on the menu, as was plenty of skating.
- Canadiens prospect Zachary Fucale and the entire Quebec Remparts squad took in Friday’s practice session from the Bell Sports Complex stands.
- Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau skated on his own prior to the start of the formal practice session as he continues to recover from a concussion.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Eller-De La Rose-Thomas