- After besting the Phiadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night at the Bell Centre, the Canadiens returned to practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Wednesday morning. Michel Therrien’s troops will go in search of a fourth straight victory when they play host to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday night in Montreal.
- Goaltender Carey Price and forward Tomas Plekanec did not take part in Wednesday’s on-ice session. Both were given a therapy day.
- Manny Malhotra assumed Plekanec’s spot at center on a line with Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher.
- Dustin Tokarski will get the start in goal for the Canadiens on Thursday night against Edmonton. It will be his 11th start of the season.
- In his post-practice press conference, Therrien indicated that Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau is making progress in his recovery from a concussion, but that the 31-year-old isn’t ready to return to practice as of yet.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Bournival-De La Rose-Thomas