- Following a 2-1 loss to the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday night, the Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday afternoon in preparation for their final home game of the calendar year against the Ottawa Senators on Saturday.
- The Canadiens assigned goaltender Dustin Tokarski to the Hamilton Bulldogs for conditioning purposes (2 games) on Friday. He could see action against St. John’s on Friday night and Texas on Sunday. Forward Eric Tangradi is also Hamilton-bound.
- In Tokarski’s absence, McGill University goaltender Jacob Gervais-Chouinard tended goal opposite Carey Price on Friday.
- After suffering an upper-body injury on Thursday night against Anaheim, Max Pacioretty did not take part in Friday’s on-ice session. Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Pacioretty is listed as day-to-day.
- Defenseman Alexei Emelin also wasn’t on the ice on Friday. He was given a therapy day. Rearguards Andrei Markov and Sergei Gonchar were both given the day off from practice.
- Therrien featured David Desharnais at left-wing on a line with Lars Eller and Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau on Friday. That line will remain intact for the game against the Senators. It will be Eller’s first game with the Canadiens since being injured on December 5 in Chicago.
- Canadiens goaltending prospect Zachary Fucale has been traded from the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads to the Quebec Remparts in exchange for two first-round draft picks (2016, 2018), a pair of second-and third-round picks in 2016 and 2018, respectively, in addition to netminder Eric Brassard.
Forward lines at practice: