- After securing their third straight victory on Tuesday night, the Canadiens were back at practice on Wednesday afternoon at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. Michel Therrien’s troops will be back in action on Thursday night against the Anaheim Ducks at the Bell Centre.
- All players were present and accounted for at practice, including Lars Eller, Bryan Allen and Mike Weaver, all of whom were sidelined as of late. Eller practiced alongside his teammates for the first time since sustaining a shoulder injury back on December 5 in Chicago. Following practice, Weaver confirmed that he has been cleared for contact after suffering a concussion back on December 6 in Dallas.
- In his post-practice press conference, Therrien indicated that Eller and Weaver’s medical conditions will continue to be evaluated, but their expected return dates have not been confirmed as of yet.
- The Canadiens worked on special teams play before practice got underway. Assistant coach Jean-Jacques Daigneault led the drills. For his part, goaltending coach Stephane Waite worked with Carey Price and Dustin Tokarski at the other end of the rink. Tokarski was sporting a white mask at practice. It did not feature any design.
- Dale Weise was featured on a line with Jiri Sekac and Tomas Plekanec, while Eric Tangradi rotated on two different trios, skating first with Manny Malhotra and Michael Bournival, and then moving on to the line of Lars Eller and Sven Andrighetto.
- A press conference featuring Saku Koivu will be held at 1 p.m. on Thursday at the Bell Centre. There will also be a pre-game ceremony to celebrate his career prior to the tilt against the Ducks.
Lines and D pairings at practice: