- The Canadiens held a full practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Monday.
- Lars Eller was back on the ice with his teammates for the first time since suffering an upper-body injury against the Blackhawks on December 5 in Chicago. Despite the good news, head coach Michel Therrien nevertheless stressed that Eller is still several days away from a full recovery as the 25-year-old forward practiced without contact.
- Mike Weaver was also back on the ice practicing without contact for the first time since suffering a concussion against the Dallas Stars on December 6. The Brampton, ON native was paired with fellow veteran defenseman Bryan Allen.
- Therrien confirmed that Carey Price will be in goal against the Hurricanes on Tuesday. In 17 career starts opposite Carolina, Price has registered a 10-5-2 record with a 2.35 GAA and 0.928 save percentage.
- Following practice, the Habs split up into two groups to visit children at the Montreal Children’s Hospital and the CHU Sainte-Justine as part of the team's annual hospital visits.
Forward lines and defensive pairings at practice
Sekac – Plekanec – Andrighetto
Parenteau – Desharnais – Bournival
Weise – Malhotra – Prust
Gallagher – Galchenyuk – Pacioretty
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Emelin – Gonchar
Markov – Subban
Allen - Weaver