- The Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Thursday morning in preparation for Game 1 of their Eastern Conference Semi-Finals series against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The series gets underway on Friday night at the Bell Centre.
- After missing Wednesday’s practice due to family reasons, defenseman Sergei Gonchar was back for Thursday’s on-ice session.
- Prior to the start of practice, the Canadiens worked on both the power play and penalty kill. The Habs struggled on special teams in Round 1, particularly with the man advantage, going 1-for-20 over the course of the six games they played against the Ottawa Senators. Therrien tweaked his power play somewhat, featuring P.K. Subban alongside Jeff Petry and Andrei Markov with Tom Gilbert at the blue line.
- Following practice, defenseman Nathan Beaulieu hit the ice with strength and conditioning coach Pierre Allard and athletic therapist Vincent Roof-Racine. You'll recall that Beaulieu will miss the first four games of the series against Tampa Bay with an upper-body injury.
- For their part, the Lightning will arrive in Montreal later in the day after securing their series-clinching victory on Wednesday night in Tampa.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
De La Rose–Mitchell–Smith-Pelly