BROSSARD – On Friday morning, the Canadiens held a practice at the Bell Sports Complex, their first since completing a series sweep of the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday night.
- The players kicked off practice with some four-men transition drills, allowing both Carey Price and Peter Budaj to see plenty of shot after two days of rest.
- Travis Moen skated alongside Ryan White and George Parros wearing a blue full contact jersey.
- The transition from rest to full practice tempo was easy for Max Pacioretty and Thomas Vanek, who passed the puck crisply and picked corners nearly at will during a three-on-one rush drill.
- A rarity this season, the team followed up their usual passing and skating drills with a four-on-four scrimmage. A variety of forward combinations were used, with regular linemates split up and skating alongside players they usually would not have a chance to play with.
- After practice, Michel Therrien indicated that forward Alex Galchenyuk has yet to skate after suffering a lower-body injury in the final week of the regular season. Therrien hopes that Galchenyuk will be back in time to take part in the second round of the playoffs, but offered no timetable for the youngster's return.