- After securing a 4-3 win in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinals series against the Ottawa Senators, the Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Thursday morning in preparation for Game 2 on Friday night in Montreal.
- The Canadiens announced that Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau would not take part in Thursday afternoon’s on-ice session. He is listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury. Parenteau logged 12:13 of ice time in Game 1, registering three shots on goal over the course of 18 shifts.
- After being called up on Wednesday from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs, goaltender Joey MacDonald took to the ice at the Bell Sports Complex. MacDonald took part in drills with Dustin Tokarski and goaltending coach Stephane Waite before leaving the ice at the start of the formal practice session. He returned near the end of practice for some final drills.
- Max Pacioretty took part in regular line drills on Thursday. He was featured alongside David Desharnais and Devante Smith-Pelly at practice. In his post-practice press conference, head coach Michel Therrien confirmed, however, that Pacioretty hasn’t received medical clearance to return to the lineup just yet. His status for Game 2 remains uncertain.
- P.K. Subban met with members of the media to address Wednesday night’s incident involving Senators forward Mark Stone. Aside from the major penalty Subban was assessed in Game 1, the Norris Trophy winner hasn’t received any supplemental discipline for the slash that ultimately caused a microfracture in Stone’s right wrist.
Lines and defensive pairings at practice:
Prust – Mitchell – Flynn
Gallagher – Plekanec – Galchenyuk
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Smith-Pelly
De La Rose – Eller – Weise
Beaulieu – Gilbert
Markov – Subban
Emelin – Petry
Weaver – Gonchar – Pateryn