MONTREAL -- Here's a numerical look at the rare Habs-Canucks match-up at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of points racked up by Andrei Markov
in 12 career games against the Canucks, all goals.4
– Number of times the Canadiens’ PK unit shut down the NHL’s top power play on Tuesday night. The Canucks were at 36% efficiency with the man advantage on the road coming into the game.100
– Percent chance that Jacques Martin will be suggesting his team switch to wood sticks after seeing five Habs sticks shatter at inopportune times in the D zone on Tuesday night.5
– Team-high number of hits thrown by Andrei Kostitsyn on the night, bringing the bruising Belarusian winger’s total to 31 so far this season.68
– Number of wins registered by Carey Price
so far in his career, good enough for 16th
on the Canadiens’ all-time list behind former Habs netminders Richard Sevigny and Jocelyn Thibault. 4
– Number of NHL teams Price has yet to beat in his young career, all from the Western Conference, with the 23-year-old crossing the fifth-last such team off his to-do list on Tuesday night. 300
– Number of all-time wins the Canadiens prevented Canucks coach Alain Vigneault from reaching by beating his team at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.59
– Number of times the Habs and Canucks have crossed swords in la Belle Province, with Montreal now owning a 43-12-5-0 record over Vancouver in those outings.
-- canadiens.comRead also: