ATLANTA -- Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Thrashers game at Philips Arena on Tuesday night.
– Number of players in the Thrashers’ lineup who weren’t with Atlanta when the teams last met on January 2. 1
– Number of players in the Canadiens lineup on Tuesday night who weren’t on the ice in the last Habs-Thrashers match-up, including only Paul Mara; newly-acquired Hab Brent Sopel was in that game, playing for the Thrashers at the time.
– Number of games played by Sopel for the Thrashers before making the move to Montreal on February 24. 6
– Number of shots needed by the Canadiens to pot two goals in the first and second period, finishing with 23 shots overall in the contest. 14:48
– Ice time enjoyed by Sopel in the outing, blocking tone shot in only his second game as a Hab while playing his former team. 40
– Number of saves made by Carey Price
on Tuesday night, picking up his 29th
win of the season against the Thrashers in the process. 4
– Consecutive number of games in which Andrei Kostitsyn has registered at least one point, picking up an assist against the Thrashers to bring his total to five points in that span.