The Bulldogs might have been denied their comeback bid against the Americans the night before, but they made sure not to let their hometown fans leave disappointed in the rematch. Heading into the game’s final frame, down 2-0 for the second time in as many nights, Sylvain Lefebvre’s team made it clear they weren’t content to just tie things up this time around. The Bulldogs’ offense exploded with just over 10 minutes to go in the game, lighting up the Americans with four goals before the final siren sounded. Leading the way were the ‘Dogs’ Blake Geoffrion with two goals, and Brendan Gallagher with a goal and an assist. The Americans would manage the last marker of the match, but it would prove too little too late as the Hamilton squad took the game 4-3. The Bulldogs’ bad news of the night came in the form of an injury, as Greg Pateryn went down with a fractured elbow. It was later decided that the injury would require surgery, ultimately sidelining Pateryn for an indefinite period of time.
1. RCH – Brian Flynn – 2 – (Marcus Foligno, Evan Rankin) – 2:38
2. RCH – Brian Flynn – 3 – (Zemgus Girgensons, Mark Pysyk) – 12:28
3. HAM – Blake Geoffrion – 3 – (Frederic St-Denis, Jarred Tinordi) – 9:42
4. HAM – Brendan Gallagher – 3 – (Patrick Holland) – 12:04
5. HAM – Mike Blunden – 2 – (Nathan Beaulieu, Brendan Gallagher) – 13:54 (PP)
6. HAM – Blake Geoffrion – 4 – (Aaron Palushaj, Brendon Nash) – 15:01
7. RCH – Nick Tarnasky –2 – (Rick Schofield) – 16:22