The Bulldogs took on the Americans in a very rare morning game at the Copps Coliseum. The crowd attending the match was made up of 10,649 students who came out to fill the stands and support the Hamilton squad. Despite their best efforts, the Bulldogs ran into trouble dealing with the Americans, as the visiting team scored four goals over the course of the game’s first two periods. The Bulldogs, however, managed to make it onto the scoreboard before time ran out in the match, with Joonas Nattinen beating David Leggio with less than three minutes remaining in the tilt. The Americans won the game by a score of 4-1.
1. RCH – Nick Tarnasky – 4 – (Rick Schofield, Brayden McNabb) – 2:27
2. RCH – Brian Flynn– 5 – (Kevin Porter, Alex Biega) – 4:12
3. RCH – Jerome Gauthier-Leduc – 1 – (Kevin Porter, Brian Flynn) – 12:35
4. RCH – T.J. Brennan – 7 – (Marcus Foligno, Evan Rankin) – 15:14
5. HAM – Joonas Nattinen – 1 – (Antoine Corbin, Gabriel Dumont) – 17:35