- The Canadiens have inked forward David Desharnais to a four-year contract extension.
Over the course of 27 games this season, Desharnais has scored eight goals in addition to eight assists. The center also has one power play goal and two game-winning goals in the Habs’ most recent campaign.
In 157 career games with the Canadiens, Desharnais has logged 32 goals and 67 assists for a total of 99 points. In 2011-12, in his first full season with the club in the NHL, he tallied 44 assists and 60 points.
- Jarred Tinordi was on the ice with the Canadiens for practice on Friday morning. Sporting the number 42, Tinordi was paired with defenseman Francis Bouillon. In Michel Therrien’s press conference following the practice, the coach confirmed that Tinordi will play his first NHL game against the Devils on Saturday night.
- Forward Petteri Nokelainen has been assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. Nokelainen will play his first game as a member of the Bulldogs on Friday night against the St. John Icecaps.
- Once again, Rene Bourque skated alone following the team’s practice.
- Forward Mike Blunden has been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Forward Michael Ryder did not make the trip to New Jersey due to a lower-body injury.
Lines and pairings at practice: