Here’s a numerical look back at the memorable season that was for Alex Kovalev.
-Regular season points put up by Kovalev, the most by a Habs player since Pierre Turgeon’s 96-point campaign in 1995-96. 35
- Goals notched by Kovalev, the highest total by a Canadiens player since Turgeon and Vincent Damphousse each scored 38 goals in 1995-96. 47
- NHL-leading power-play points posted by Kovalev, who ended up only three shy of the club record set by Mats Naslund in 1985-86. 1
- More productive season enjoyed by Kovalev, who exploded for 96 points with the Penguins in 2000-01. 11
- Kovalev’s rank among all NHL regular season point-getters in 2007-08, marking the first time a Habs player cracked the league’s Top 15 since Bobby Smith in 1987-88.1,073
- Career regular season games played by Kovalev, who in October became only the fifth Russian player in league history to reach the 1,000th game mark. 18
- Kovalev’s team-leading plus-minus rating, the highest posted by a Hab since Dave Manson finished at +22 in 1997-98. 86
- Total Molson Cup points amassed by Kovalev to become the first Russian player in team history to earn Canadiens player of the year honors. 23
- Multi-point games registered by Kovalev during the 2007-08 regular season.
- Percentage of Habs regular season power-play goals scored with Kovalev on the ice. 11
-Team-high number of playoff points amassed by Kovalev, including five multi-point games. Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com