After waiting patiently for his first taste of NHL playoff action, veteran Tom Kostopoulos looked right at home in the postseason. Here’s a numerical look back at the season that was for the rugged winger.
- Shorthanded goals scored by Kostopoulos in 2007-08, to lead the Canadiens during the regular season. 113
- Penalty minutes racked up by Kostopoulos, to lead the team while setting a new career high for time spent in the box. 9
- Team-high number of times Kostopoulos dropped his gloves in 2007-08. 1
- Number of times Kostopoulos has managed to score a Gordie Howe hat trick this season, after scoring a goal, adding an assist and then picking up a five-minute major for fighting in a victory over the Bruins on Jan. 22 at the Bell Centre. 128
- Hits thrown by Kostopoulos, ranking second among Canadiens forwards this past season. 4
- Postseason points amassed over 12 games by Kostopoulos, who scored three goals, including the overtime winner in the Canadiens’ series-opening 4-3 victory over the Flyers in Round 2. 38
- Hits dished out by Kostopoulos through two playoff rounds to rank third on the team this spring. Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com