POSITION: Web Developer/Programmer
As a member of the Canadiens’ marketing department, you will be called on to contribute to a number of different initiatives on the team’s digital platforms, including the development of Web applications and the creation of Web pages to help optimize the experience of fans online. You will also be involved in updating the team’s official Web site, canadiens.com as a member of the editorial staff.
Qualifications and Experience
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Web design, graphic design, communications or other related field;
• Minimum 2 years experience in a related position;
• Experience managing content using a content management system
• Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably PHP or ASP;
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash);
• Strong knowledge of hockey, the Montreal Canadiens and the National Hockey League;
• Deep understanding of various social media platforms;
• Bilingual in both French and English, oral and written;
• Strong attention to detail, design, and quality;
• Ability to think critically and creatively;
• Attention to overall user experience;
• Remaining up to date on new trends and interactive applications;
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, team setting;
• Proficiency with audio/video editing software a bonus.
• Update the official Web site of the Montreal Canadiens, canadiens.com, daily, as well as updating all other associated digital platforms;
• Collaborate with the editorial staff to post articles and videos;
• Write code to transform Photoshop/Illustrator designs to HTML/CSS;
• Develop new applications for canadiens.com and associated digital platforms;
• Help update canadiens.com on game nights;
• Ability to work very flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as per team schedule;
Note: A Web site or portfolio showcasing previous work may be requested.
CVs and accompanying supporting documents should be submitted via email to email@example.com by Monday, July 6, at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
The Canadiens thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job offer: Coordinator, Editorial