- The Canadiens held a closed skate on Wednesday morning at the First Niagra Center following a late arrival to Western New York. Carey Price, Dustin Tokarski, Nathan Beaulieu, Rene Bourque and Travis Moen were the only players on the ice for the brief morning practice.
- Tokarski will get his third start of the season on Wednesday in Buffalo. In his last outing on October 27 in Edmonton, the 25-year-old netminder allowed two goals on 18 shots in a 3-0 loss to the Oilers.
- A healthy scratch over the previous seven games, rookie Jiri Sekac will be back in the line-up opposite the Sabres in place of Bourque. In six games this season, the 22-year-old Czech forward has registered one goal while compiling a -4 differential.
- In addition to Bourque, Moen will also be a healthy scratch for the second consecutive game after Michael Bournival was reinserted into the lineup on Tuesday against the Blackhawks.
- Rounding out the lineup changes is Jarred Tinordi who will replace Beaulieu on the blue line. The 22-year-old defenseman sat out the previous two games against Chicago and Calgary.
Game Preview: Canadiens @ Sabres
The Numbers Game - November 4, 2014