- After playing their first preseason game Tuesday night, the Canadiens resumed training camp workouts on Wednesday morning at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.
- For today’s practice players were split into two teams. The first of which is made up of Canadiens regulars and veterans plus Charles Hudon, Sven Andrighetto, Michael McCarron, and the second group consists primarily of rookies and youngsters.
- Coach Therrien announced that J.J. Daigneault will be running the powerplay this season, while Dan Lacroix will take over penalty killing duties
- Canadiens are still waiting for their turn to try out the new three-on-three format as their first experience was postponed due to a late penalty at the end of the 3rd period of Tuesday night’s game against the Leafs.
- The Canadiens will continue their pre-season schedule on Thursday night at the Bell Centre against the Washington Captials. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. EST.
- Here are the line combinations used by Michel Therrien at practice:
Lars Eller – Alex Galchenyuk – Alexander Semin
Brendan Gallagher – Tomas Plekanec – Brian Flynn
Tomas Fleischmann – David Desharnais – Dale Weise
Jacob de la Rose – Torrey Mitchell - Zack Kassian
Sven Andrighetto – Michael McCarron – Devante Smith-Pelly
Jeff Petry - Alexei Emelin
Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Tom Gilbert - Nathan Beaulieu
Mark Barberio – Greg Pateryn – Jarred Tinordi