Sunday, March 16, 2008
Verizon Center; Washington DC
Game Time: 3:00 p.m.
NESN and WBZ RadioToday’s Game
The Bruins visit the Capitals today in the fourth and final game between these teams this season and the second of two games of this season’s series at Verizon Center. The Bruins are 37-27-8 thus far this season and are 18-13-4 this season on the road. The Capitals are 34-30-8 overall this season with a 19-15-3 record on home ice. The Bruins are 10-8-1 this season vs. Southeast Division opponents and they are 31-23-8 overall vs. Eastern Conference foes. The Capitals are 10-9-0 this season vs. Northeast Division teams and they are 29-28-7 overall vs. Eastern Conference opponents.Lifetime Series
The Bruins are 67-32-21-2 lifetime vs. Washington with a 430-335 scoring advantage in those 122 games. The Bruins are 30-17-12-1 lifetime vs. the Capitals in Washington with a 206-174 scoring edge in those 60 contests. The Bruins are 2-1-0 vs. the Capitals in this season’s series thus far with Boston taking a 2-0 victory in Boston on Jan. 3, the Capitals winning a 10-2 rematch in Washington on Mar. 3 and the Bruins winning the last game between these teams with a 2-1 victory in Boston on Mar. 8. The Bruins have taken points out of 12 of their last 13 games overall vs. the Capitals at 10-1-1-1.Recent Bruins Games
The Bruins snapped their three-game losing stretch at 0-2-1 with a 3-2 overtime win over Philadelphia on Mar. 15. That followed a 1-0 shootout loss at NY Rangers on Mar. 9, a 4-1 setback in Ottawa on Mar. 11 and a 3-1 loss to Tampa Bay on Mar. 13. The three goals vs. the Flyers were the most scored by Boston since a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on Feb. 28, a span of eight games with two-or-fewer goals scored. The Bruins are now 9-4-3 in their last 16 games overall and they are 6-2-2 in their last ten road games.Recent Capitals Games
The Capitals have won their last two games with a 3-2 win over Calgary on Mar. 12 and a 4-1 victory over Atlanta on Mar. 14. They are 6-4-2 in their last 12 games overall and are 5-2-2 in their last nine games on home ice.Upcoming Bruins Games
The Bruins will next face a home-and-home series with Montreal, hosting the Canadiens on Mar. 20 (7:00 p.m.; NESN/WBZ Radio) and playing in Montreal on Mar. 22 (7:00 p.m.; NESN/WBZ Radio). They will then play a home-and-home series vs. the Maple Leafs, playing in Toronto on Mar. 25 (7:30 p.m.; NESN/WBZ Radio) and hosting the Maple Leafs on Mar. 27 (7:00 p.m.; NESN/WBZ Radio). In all, the Bruins have ten games remaining on their schedule (includes today’s game), four at home and six on the road. They will play five games against teams currently above them in the standings with six games against opponents currently below them in the standings.Upcoming Capitals Games
The Capitals next face a six-game road trip, playing in Nashville, Chicago, Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Florida between Mar. 18-29. In all, the Capitals have ten games remaining on their schedule (includes today’s game), four at home and six on the road. They will play two games vs. Western Conference teams and eight vs. Eastern Conference opponents with three of their Eastern games coming vs. teams currently above them in the standings and five of their Eastern contests vs. teams currently below them in the standings.Bruins Injuries
Andrew Alberts: Post-concussion symptoms.
Bobby Allen: Back spasms.Patrice Bergeron
: Concussion and broken nose.Zdeno Chara
: Upper torso injury.
Manny Fernandez: Dec. 12 left knee surgery.Bruins March Transactions
Mar. 8: Matt Lashoff recalled from Providence/AHL.Bruins 2007-08 Shootouts (6-4):
1. Oct. 10 … NY Rangers 0 at Boston 1 … Boston Goal: Manny Fernandez (W) … NY Rangers Goal: Henrik Lundqvist (L)
Boston Shooters: Bergeron (N), Sturm (N), Kessel (Y) … NY Rangers Shooters: Shanahan (N), Drury (N), Jagr (N)
2. Nov. 4 … Ottawa 2 at Boston 1 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(L) … Ottawa Goal: Martin Gerber (W)
Boston Shooters: Kobasew (N), Kessel (N) … Ottawa Shooters: Alfredsson (Y), Vermette (Y)
3. Dec. 20 … Pittsburgh 5 at Boston 4 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(L) … Pittsburgh Goal: Ty Conklin (W)
Boston Shooters: Kessel (N), Sturm (N) … Pittsburgh Shooters: Christensen (Y), Letang (Y)
4. Jan. 17 … Toronto 3 at Boston 2 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (L) … Toronto Goal: Vesa Toskala (W)
Boston Shooters: Kessel (N), Savard (N) … Toronto Shooters: Kaberle (N), Sundin (Y), Steen (Y)
5. Jan. 19 … NY Rangers 3 at Boston 4 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
… NY Rangers Goal: Henrik Lundqvist (L)
Boston Shooters: Kobasew (N), Kessel (Y), Chara (Y) … NY Rangers Shooters: Shanahan (N), Prucha (N)
6. Feb. 8 … Boston 3 at Buffalo 2 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (W) … Buffalo Goal: Ryan Miller (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (N), Kessel (Y) … Buffalo Shooters: Kotalik (N), Tallinder (N), Roy (N)
7. Feb. 19 … Boston 3 at Carolina 2 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(W) … Carolina Goal: Cam Ward (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (N), Kessel (Y), Krejci (Y) … Carolina Shooters: Cullen (N), Samsonov (N)
8. Feb. 21 … Boston 5 at Florida 4 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (W) … Florida Goal: Tomas Vokoun (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (Y), Kessel (N), Krejci (N) … Florida Shooters: Montador (N), Horton (N), Jokinen (N)
9. Mar. 1 … Atlanta 2 at Boston 3 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(W) … Atlanta Goal: Hedberg (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (N), Kessel (Y), Krejci (N) … Atlanta Shooters: Kozlov (N), Christensen (N), Kovalchuk (N)
10. Mar. 9 … Boston 0 at NY Rangers 1 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (L) … NY Rangers Goal: Henrik Lundqvist (W)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (N), Kessel (N), Krejci (N) … NY Rangers Shooters: Shanahan (N), Dawes (Y), Drury (N)Bruins 2007-08 Penalty Shots For and Against:
1F. Oct. 27 … Phil Kessel unsuccessful vs. Philadelphia’s Martin Biron (15:09 second period).
1A. Dec. 28 … Carolina’s Chad Larose successful shorthanded vs. Tim Thomas
(15:28 second period).
2A. Mar. 1 … Atlanta’s Ilya Kovalchuk successful vs. Tim Thomas
(6:41 first period). March Birthdays:
- Andrew Ference
will turn 29 years old on March 17.
- Zdeno Chara
will turn 31 years old on March 18.
- Dennis Wideman will turn 25 years old on March 20.Bruins Fun Facts
- Glen Murray will play his 1,000th NHL game today.
- Murray will become the 229th player in NHL history to reach that milestone and he is the 11th player to achieve it this season, joining Roman Hamrlik, Bryan Smolinski, Owen Nolan, Alex Kovalev, Mike Sillinger, Keith Tkachuk, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Markus Naslund, Keith Carney and Dallas Drake.
- Murray will be the ninth player to reach that milestone in a Bruins uniform, joining John Bucyk, Jean Ratelle, Wayne Cashman, Rick Middleton, Gordie Roberts, Ray Bourque, Dave Ellett and Don Sweeney.
- Boston’s first pick, 18th overall, in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft, Murray played his first NHL game on Jan. 28, 1992 at Quebec after being recalled by the Bruins from his junior team in Sudbury and he scored his first NHL goal in that game.
- Murray has played his 1,000 games with three NHL teams, playing 561 games in two stints with Boston, 135 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins and 304 games as a Los Angeles King.
- Peter Schaefer is three goals shy of his 100th NHL goal milestone.
- P. J. Axelsson is four goals shy of his 100th NHL goal milestone.
- The Bruins have recorded five shutouts this season by three different goaltenders. Manny Fernandez recorded a 1-0 shootout victory over NY Rangers on Oct. 20; Alex Auld notched a 2-0 win vs. Columbus on Dec. 15 and took a 1-0 shootout loss at NY Rangers on Mar. 9; and Tim Thomas
won a 2-0 decision over Washington on Jan. 3 and a 4-0 victory vs. Ottawa on Feb. 26.
- It is the first time the Bruins have had three goaltenders record complete-game shutouts since 1997-98 (Jim Carey, Byron Dafoe, Robbie Tallas).
- The Bruins have 17 sets of back-to-back games this season and are completing the 15th of these series yesterday vs. Philadelphia and today in Washington.
- They are 7-6-2 this season in the first game of these series and are 4-7-3 in the second game of these sets thus far this season.
- The Bruins have had eight rookies play a game this season – Matt Hunwick, David Krejci
, Matt Lashoff, Milan Lucic
, Petteri Nokelainen, Pascal Pelletier, Tuukka Rask
and Vladimir Sobotka.
- David Krejci
scored his first NHL goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa, becoming the fifth Bruin to do so this season, joining Lucic (Oct. 12 at Los Angeles), Jeremy Reich (Dec. 15 vs. Columbus), Lashoff (Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta) and Sobotka (Feb. 13 at Pittsburgh).
- The Bruins will complete the 19th of their 24 season series today vs. Philadelphia. They are 0-1-0 vs. Anaheim, 3-1-0 vs. Atlanta, 1-3-0 vs. Carolina, 1-0-0 vs. Chicago, 1-0-0 vs. Columbus, 0-1-0 vs. Dallas, 0-1-0 vs. Detroit, 2-1-1 vs. Florida, 1-0-0 vs. Los Angeles, 1-0-0 vs. Nashville, 3-1-0 vs. NY Islanders, 3-0-1 vs. NY Rangers, 3-1-0 vs. Philadelphia, 1-0-0 vs. Phoenix, 2-1-1 vs. Pittsburgh, 0-1-0 vs. St. Louis, 1-0-0 vs. San Jose, and 2-2-0 vs. Tampa Bay.
- The Bruins opened this season with a five-game trip against Pacific Division teams, which concluded Oct. 13 in San Jose … That was the last game of the season scheduled for the Bruins outside of the Eastern Time zone.
- The Bruins hosted the Central Division teams this season and did not play teams in the Northwest Division.
- The Bruins had four representatives at the 2008 NHL All-Star weekend held on Jan. 26-27 at Philips Arena in Atlanta.
- Bruins captain Zdeno Chara
played in his third career NHL All-Star Game and successfully defended his title of Hardest Shot in the Skills Competition with a 103.1 mph blast that was the second-highest score in that competition’s history.
- Center Marc Savard
and goaltender Tim Thomas
appeared in their first career All-Star Games with Savard scoring the game-winning goal at 19:39 of the third period and Thomas recording the victory for the Eastern Conference Team.
- Left wing Milan Lucic
took part in the Young Stars Game and scored a goal for his team.The Players
- Has 1-2=3 totals in his last three straight games with a goal Mar. 11 at Ottawa and single assists each Mar. 13 vs. Tampa Bay and Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia.
- Has three multiple-point games.
- Had a seven-game point streak from Nov. 29-Dec. 10 (2-5=7 totals), the longest point streak by a Bruins defenseman since Ray Bourque had an eight-game streak (4-6=10 totals) from Oct. 12-Nov. 2, 1995…Had a four-game point streak from Feb. 16-23 (2-3=5 totals).
- Has not dressed for one game this season (coach’s decision).
- Has single assists each in two of his last three games, recorded Mar. 11 in Ottawa and on the overtime goal Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Had a three-game point streak from Feb. 5-9 (1-2=3 totals).
- Has missed seven games to injury (7-foot, Jan. 12-29).
- Has 2-1=3 totals in his last two straight games with a goal Mar. 13 vs. Tampa Bay and a 1-1=2 effort Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia…The goal vs. the Flyers was his 21st of the season and set a new career season-high.
- Has eight multiple-point games.
- Had a five-game point streak from Jan. 24-Feb. 5 (2-4=6 totals)…Had a three-game goal streak from Oct. 6-12 (3-0=3 totals).
- Has scored four of Boston’s six empty net goals this season.
- Has taken two shootout shots this season (no goals).
- Has missed three games to injury (1-back, Feb.1 3; 2-groin, Feb. 23-26).
- Has three assists in his last ten games with two assists Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh and an assist Mar. 3 in Washington.
- Has six multiple-point games.
- Leads the team with 11 game-winning points (5-6=11 totals).
- Played his 200th NHL game Nov. 23 vs. NY Islanders…Scored his 100th NHL point with the first of two goals Jan. 29 vs. Nashville.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas…Recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist Oct. 10 in Anaheim…Scored his first goal as a Bruin Oct. 25 vs. Chicago.
- Signed as a free agent on Oct. 3…Had been invited to training camp on a pro try-out agreement.
- Has 1-2=3 totals in his last five games with the game-winning goal Mar. 8 vs. Wahsington and single assists each Mar. 13 vs. Tampa Bay and Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia.
- Has 5-9=14 totals in his last 15 games…Also scored the deciding shootout goal Feb. 21 in Florida.
- Has 11 multiple-point games.
- Had an eight-game point streak from Feb. 16-Mar. 3 (4-7=11 totals) … Had a six-game point streak from Nov. 8-23 (4-3=7 totals) … Had a four-game point streak from Oct. 27-Nov. 4 (2-3=5 totals).
- Has hit the 20-goal mark for the sixth straight season.
- Played his 700th NHL game Nov. 23 vs. NY Islanders…Scored his 200th NHL goal Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh…Recorded his 200th NHL assist Feb. 9 vs. Florida…Recorded his 400th NHL point with an assist in a 1-2=3 effort Feb. 21 in Florida.
- Played his 730th NHL game Feb. 2 vs. Detroit, moving past Uwe Krupp as the all-time leader in NHL games played by a player born and raised in Germany.
- Has taken seven shootout shots this season (one deciding goal).
- Has missed two games to injury/illness (1-eye, Dec. 12; 1-flu, Jan. 31).
- His last points came with single assists each Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa and Mar. 1 vs. Atlanta.
- Has five multiple-point games.
- Had a four-game point streak from Jan. 24-Feb. 2 (2-4=6 totals).
- Recorded his first NHL assist/point and goal Oct. 12 in Los Angeles with the goal proving the game-winner…Completed his ‘Gordie Howe hat trick’ with a fight in that game as well.
- Played his first NHL game Oct. 5 in Dallas…Recorded his first NHL assist/point and his first NHL goal Oct. 12 in Los Angeles with the goal proving the game-winner.
- Has not dressed for one game (coach’s decision).
- Has missed four games to injury (4-head, Nov. 24-Dec. 1).
- Changed his number from 62 to 17 on October 30.
- Played in the Young Stars game during All-Star weekend and scored a goal.
- Scored his first goal of the season and added an assist Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia…The goal was his first since his last game played of the 2006-07 season on Apr. 5, 2007, a span of 55 games.
- Has 1-2=3 totals in his last six games.
- Has five multiple-point games.
- Has missed 16 games to injury (4-upper core, Nov. 4-10; 12-knee, Nov. 17-Dec. 10).
- His 3-2=5 totals on the season came in an eight-game span from Feb. 12-28…Scored his first points of the season Feb. 12 vs. Carolina with his first career two-goal and fourth career two-point game; added an assist Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh; a goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa; and an assist Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- His goals on Feb. 12 came in a 0:27 span of the third period and were the fastest two goals by a Bruin since Mike Knuble struck twice in 17 seconds on Dec. 14, 2003.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Played his 100th NHL game Jan. 10 vs. Montreal.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas.
- Has not dressed for three games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed 20 games to injury (19-foot, Nov. 7-Dec. 18).
- Is playing his 1,000th NHL game today,
- His last point was a goal Mar. 1 vs. Atlanta.
- Has six multiple-point games with his season-high a 2-1=3 effort Nov. 17 in Montreal.
- Had a three-game point streak from Oct. 12-18 (1-3=4 totals).
- Has had two four-game point streaks, from Nov. 15-23 (3-3=6 totals) and Dec. 1-6 (3-1=4 totals).
- Has missed 19 games to injury (19-hip, Dec. 22-Feb. 5).
- Had played in six straight games with a 1-1-2 record and two no-decision relief appearances in that stretch before dressing as backup for the last two games.
- Is 3-1-2 in his last six decisions…Earned the 5-4 shootout win in Florida on Feb. 21, as he stopped all 15 shots faced in 25 minutes in relief of Tim Thomas
and then stopped all three Florida shootout attempts for the win; a 5-3 victory in Tampa Bay on Feb. 23; a 1-0 overtime loss to Florida on Mar. 4; a 2-1 victory over Washington on Mar. 8; his fifth career shutout in a 1-0 shootout loss at NY Rangers on Mar. 9; and a 4-1 setback in Ottawa on Mar. 11.
- Has three shutouts on the season – numbers 3-5 career - a 1-0 win in Anaheim on Oct. 25 while with Phoenix, a 2-0 win over Columbus on Dec. 15 and 1-0 shootout loss at NY Rangers on Mar. 9 while with Boston.
- Has played in four shootouts this season (2-2, 3 goals/12 shots).
- Acquired Dec. 6 from Phoenix for Nate DiCasmirro and a 2009 fifth round draft pick.
- Was playing in San Antonio/AHL at the time of the trade, where he was assigned Nov. 20 from Phoenix…Had a 3-6-0 record in nine Coyotes games this season with one shutout, a 1-0 win in Anaheim on Oct. 25…Had a 1-1-0 record with San Antonio, with the win a 7-0 victory over Milwaukee on Nov. 24…Is in his seventh professional season and Boston is his fourth NHL organization (Vancouver, Florida, Phoenix).
- Has not dressed for one game (at home following son’s birth).
- Has dressed as backup for 24 Boston games.
- Snapped his three-game losing streak with a 3-2 overtime win vs. Philadelphia on Mar. 15 and is now 6-3-1 in his last ten decisions.
- Has faced 30-or-more shots in 23 of his 43 complete games with a 14-7-2 record in those games…His season-high in shots faced was 52 Nov. 17 in Montreal and he has faced 40+ shots on five occasions in all this season.
- Has allowed two-or-fewer goals in 28 of his 43 complete games this season (20-6-2 record) and has allowed one goal or less in 17 of those contests (15-1-1).
- Has two shutouts on the season – numbers five and six career – 2-0 vs. Washington on Jan. 3 and 4-0 vs. Ottawa on Feb.26.
- Had a career-best five-game win streak from Jan. 19-31…Had a four-game win streak from Feb. 19-Mar. 1.
- Has faced two penalty shot this season, allowing a shorthanded goal by Carolina’s Chad Larose on Dec. 28 and a goal by Atlanta’s Ilya Kovalchuk on Mar. 1…Has now faced five career penalty shots, allowing three goals.
- Has played in five shootouts this season (3-2, 4 goals/11 shots).
- Was named the NHL’s Second Star for the week of Feb. 25-Mar. 2.
- Has dressed as backup for 17 games.
- Has missed six games to injury (6-groin, Dec. 6-15).
- Played in his first career NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 27 and recorded the 8-7 victory for the Eastern Conference.
- Has missed the last four games with an upper torso injury.
- Has 7-4=11 totals in nine of his last 11 games…Had a 1-1=2 effort Feb. 16 in Toronto including the goal at 19:10 of the third period that sent the game into overtime; single goals each Feb. 19 in Carolina and Feb. 21 in Florida; an assist Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay; two goals Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa; a goal Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh; single assists each Mar. 3 in Washington and Mar. 6 vs. Toronto; and a goal Mar. 8 vs. Washington.
- Has 9-5=14 totals in his last 15 games with 9-12=21 totals in his last 25 contests.
- Has ten multiple-point games.
- Had a six-game point streak from Feb. 16-28 (6-2=8 totals).
- Has had two four-game point streaks - from Nov. 10-20 (1-4=5 totals) and Jan. 12-20 (1-5=6 totals).
- Had a three-game assist streak from Oct. 6-12 with (0-4=4 totals).
- Has taken one shootout shot this season (goal).
- Played in his third career NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 27 at Philips Arena in Atlanta…Won the Hardest Shot competition for the second straight year with his 103.1 mph blast the second hardest in that competition’s history.
- Has missed four games to injury (4-upper torso, Mar. 9-15).
- Snapped a 14-game scoreless stretch with an assist Mar. 3 in Washington.
- Played his 400th NHL game Mar. 11 in Ottawa.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Jan. 3 vs. Washington…Recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist on the game-winning goal Jan. 29 vs. Nashville.
- Acquired Jan. 2 from Anaheim for Brandon Bochenski and a 2008 sixth round draft pick.
- Had 1-2=3 totals in 33 games with Anaheim at the time of the trade…Originally drafted by Buffalo as their seventh pick, 173rd overall, in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft and Boston becomes his fifth NHL team (Ottawa, Nashville, Atlanta, Anaheim).
- Is out of the lineup following Dec. 12 knee surgery.
- Had his two-game win streak stopped with a 6-1 loss in Montreal on Oct. 22…That followed an 8-6 victory in Los Angeles on Oct. 12 and a 1-0 shootout victory over NY Rangers on Oct. 20, his 14th career shutout.
- Recorded his 14th NHL shutout and first as a Bruin with a 1-0 shootout win over NY Rangers on Oct. 20.
- Has played in one shootout this season (1-0, 0 goals/3 shots).
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas with a 4-1 loss…Earned his first win as a Bruin with an 8-6 victory in Los Angeles on Oct. 12.
- Has dressed as backup for six games.
- Has missed 61 games to injury (61-knee, Nov. 1-Dec. 5; Dec. 8-Mar. 15).
- Is out of the lineup with a concussion and broken nose suffered Oct. 27 vs. Philadelphia.
- Had his three-game point streak stopped Oct. 20 vs. NY Rangers with 1-4=5 totals in that span…Had an assist Oct. 12 in Los Angeles, a 1-1=2 effort Oct. 13 in San Jose and two assists Oct. 18 vs. Montreal.
- Has 3-4=7 totals in five of his ten games played this season.
- Has two multiple-point games.
- Has taken one shootout shot this season (no goal).
- Has missed 62 games to injury (62-concussion/broken nose, Nov. 1-Mar. 15).
- Has missed the last three games, not dressing Mar. 11 in Ottawa after playing in the previous four games and missing the last two games with back spasms.
- Has not dressed for 25 games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed 28 games to injury (1-arm, Nov. 10; 27-back, Dec. 8-15; Dec. 23-Feb. 9; Mar. 13-15).
- Has missed 40 games with post-concussion symptoms.
- Recorded his second assist of the season Nov. 26 in Philadelphia.
- Has missed 40 games to injury (40-post-concussion symptoms, Dec. 18-Mar. 15).
- Scored his second overtime goal of the season and second of the season vs. the Flyers with the game-winner Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia…He had also scored in overtime on Jan. 12 in Philadelphia which was his previous goal.
- Has 1-1=2 totals in his last six games played.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Has missed 17 games to injury (2-concussion, Nov. 10-15; 3-ankle, Dec. 3-6; 8-foot, Dec. 22-Jan. 8; 4-foot, Mar. 4-9).
- His last point was an assist Mar. 6 vs. Toronto.
- Scored his second goal of the season with the game-winning effort Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta…His older brother Colin scored for the Thrashers in that game as they became just the second siblings to tally in the same game this season (Marian and Marcel Hossa on Dec. 7, NY Rangers at Atlanta).
- Has 3-3=6 totals in his last 11 games with single goals each Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa (his first NHL goal), Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh and Mar. 1; an assist Mar. 6 vs. Toronto; and two assists Mar. 8 vs. Washington.
- Has two multiple-point games.
- Had a three-game goal streak from Feb. 26-Mar. 1 (3-0=3 totals).
- Had a three-game assist streak from Feb. 5-9 (0-3=3 totals).
- Has taken four shootout shots this season (one goal).
- Recalled Dec. 30 from Providence/AHL where he had 7-21=28 totals with 19 PIM in 25 AHL Bruins games with a +14 rating.
- Began the season in Boston and had three assists in 12 games before his Nov. 4 assignment to Providence/AHL…Recorded his first NHL point with an assist Oct. 6 at Phoenix.
- Has played the last four games after his Mar. 8 recall from Providence/AHL for his third stint of the season in Boston…Had 7-27=34 totals with 68 PIM and a +8 rating in 53 AHL Bruins games.
- Scored his first NHL goal Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta and now has 1-1=2 totals in his last eight Boston games as he recorded an assist Dec. 23 in Pittsburgh.
- Played one scoreless game Nov. 10 vs. Buffalo during his first recall from Nov. 9-11…Played eight games with 1-1=2 totals during his second recall from Dec. 21-Jan. 11.
- Returned to the lineup Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia after not dressing for the previous six games.
- His last point was an assist Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh.
- His first 1-1=2 totals on the season came in a three-game span, scoring his first NHL goal Dec. 15 vs. Columbus in his 61st NHL game and his eighth professional season and adding a shorthanded assist Dec. 20 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has not dressed for 21 games this season (coach’s decision).
- Has played in three of the last 13 games.
- His last point was a goal Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Nov. 4 vs. Ottawa…That was his first NHL game since April 2, 2006 vs. Philadelphia while with the NY Islanders…Scored his first goal/point as a Bruin with the game-winning tally Dec. 3 at NY Islanders (his first NHL goal/point since Oct. 13, 2005 in New Jersey while with the NY Islanders).
- Recalled Nov. 4 from Providence/AHL where he was third in that team’s scoring race with 3-5=8 totals and 4 PIM in eight AHL Bruins games.
- Has not dressed for 11 Boston games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed two games to illness (2-flu, Feb. 19-21).
- Has played the last three games after not dressing for the previous two games.
- His last point was an assist on the game-winning goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa.
- Recalled Jan. 11 from Providence/AHL where he had 10-10=20 totals with 37 PIM and a +12 plus/minus rating in 18 AHL Bruins games.
- Recorded his first two NHL points in a three-game span with single assists each Dec. 12 in Atlanta and Dec. 15 vs. Columbus.
- Played his first NHL game Nov. 24 at NY Islanders…Scored his first NHL goal Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh.
- Has not dressed for three games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed three games to injury (3-upper body, Dec. 6-10).
- Did not dress Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia.
- Has 1-2=3 totals in his last eight games played with single assists each Feb. 5 vs. Buffalo and Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa and a goal Mar. 6 vs. Toronto.
- Has two multiple-point games, including a season-high 2-1=3 effort Nov. 15 vs. Toronto, which matched his previous career-high for goals in a game.
- Played his 500th NHL game Oct. 20 vs. NY Rangers.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas and recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist in that game…Scored his first goal as a Bruin Oct. 18 vs. Montreal.
- Has not dressed for five games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed ten games to injury (2-flu, Jan. 17-19; 8-shin, Feb. 8-23).
- Has 1-1=2 totals in his last six games with a goal Mar. 6 vs. Toronto and an assist Mar. 15 vs. Philadelphia.
- Has four multiple-point games, including his first career hat trick in a career-high 3-1=4 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Had a four-game point streak from Jan. 19-24 (2-2=4 totals).
- Has taken ten shootout shots this season with five deciding goals…Scored the deciding goals each in a 1-0 win over NY Rangers on Oct. 20, a 4-3 win over NY Rangers on Jan. 19, and 3-2 wins each in Buffalo on Feb. 8, in Carolina on Feb. 19 and vs. Atlanta on Mar. 1…He now has nine career shootout deciding goals.
- Took his first career penalty shot on Oct. 27, unsuccessful vs. Philadelphia’s Martin Biron.
- Played his 100th NHL game Dec. 12 in Atlanta.
- Has three assists in his last seven games with two assists Mar. 8 vs. Washington and an assist Mar. 11 in Ottawa following an eight-game point streak from Feb. 16-Mar. 3 (1-11=12 totals).
- Has 1-14=15 totals in his last 15 games.
- Has 19 multiple-point games.
- Had a career-best 12-game assist/point streak from Nov. 10-Dec. 6 (2-17=19 totals) … Had a nine-game assist/point streak from Jan. 10-31 (3-12=15 totals) … Had an eight-game assist/point streak from Feb. 16-Mar. 3 (1-11=12 totals).
- Has taken one shootout shot this season (no goal).
- Recorded his 500th NHL point with the first assist of a 1-4=5 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles…Played his 600th NHL game Nov. 10 vs. Buffalo…Recorded his 400th NHL assist Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has missed one game to injury (1-groin, Oct. 10)…Missed the Oct. 10 game in Anaheim with the injury, snapping his consecutive games-played stretch at 166 games dating back to his previous game missed (April 3, 2004 at Ottawa while with New Jersey).
- Played in his first career NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 27 and scored the game-winning goal for the Eastern Conference at 19:31 of the third period.