Saturday, March 1, 2008
TD Banknorth Garden; Boston MA
Game Time: 1:00 p.m.
NESN and WBZ RadioToday’s Game
The Bruins host the Thrashers today in the fourth and final game between these teams this season and the second of two games of this season’s series at TD Banknorth Garden. The Bruins are 34-23-6 thus far this season and are 16-12-3 this season on home ice. The Thrashers are 29-31-5 overall this season with a 13-17-2 record on the road. The Bruins are 8-6-0 this season vs. Southeast Division opponents and they are 28-19-6 overall vs. Eastern Conference foes. The Thrashers are 7-11-1 this season vs. Northeast Division teams and they are 26-27-5 overall vs. Eastern Conference opponents.All-time Series
The Bruins are 15-11-2-3 all-time vs. Atlanta with the Thrashers holding a 104-97 scoring advantage in those 31 games. The Bruins are 7-4-2-2 all-time vs. the Thrashers in Boston with Atlanta having a 53-52 scoring edge in those 15 contests. The Bruins are 2-1-0 vs. the Thrashers in the first three games of this season’s series with a 5-3 win in Atlanta on Dec. 12, a 5-0 loss in Atlanta on Dec. 29 and a 5-2 victory in Boston on Dec. 31. The Bruins are 2-6-0-1 in their last nine games vs. the Thrashers.Recent Bruins Games
The Bruins have won their last five games and have taken points out of their last seven overall at 6-0-1 with a 2-1 victory in Pittsburgh on Feb. 13, a 4-3 overtime loss in Toronto on Feb. 16, a 3-2 shootout victory in Carolina on Feb. 19, a 5-4 shootout win in Florida on Feb. 21, a 5-3 victory in Tampa Bay on Feb. 23, a 4-0 win over Ottawa on Feb. 26 and a 5-1 victory over Pittsburgh on Feb. 28. The Bruins are 10-4-1 in their last 15 games overall, are 13-5-2 in their last 20 games and are 16-7-2 in their last 25 contests. Their current seven-game point streak is their longest since the 2005-06 season when they went 5-0-2 from Jan. 14-26, 2006. Their current five-game win streak is their longest such streak since 2003-04 when they won six straight games from Jan. 29-Feb. 10, 2004.Recent Thrashers Games
The Thrashers have lost their last five games at 0-4-1 with a 4-1 loss at NY Islanders on Feb. 16, a 5-3 setback in Carolina on Feb. 21, a 3-1 loss in Toronto on Feb. 23, a 5-1 loss in Montreal on Feb. 26 and a 5-4 overtime loss to NY Islanders on Feb. 28. Their last win was a 4-3 shootout victory in New Jersey on Feb. 15. They are 3-6-1 in their last ten games and are 6-9-3 in their last 18 games overall.Upcoming Bruins Games
The Bruins conclude their current three-game home stand today and will next face the Capitals in Washington on Mar. 3 (7:00; VERSUS/WBZ Radio). They will then return to Boston for another three-game home stint, hosting Florida on Mar. 4 (7:00; NESN/WBZ Radio), Toronto on Mar. 6 (7:00; NESN/WBZ Radio) and Washington on Mar. 8 (1:00; NESN/WBZ Radio).Upcoming Thrashers Games
The Thrashers conclude their two-game road trip in Pittsburgh on Mar. 2 and then return home to host Carolina on Mar. 5 and Minnesota on Mar. 7.Bruins Injuries
Andrew Alberts: Post-concussion symptoms.Patrice Bergeron
: Concussion and broken nose.
Manny Fernandez: Dec. 12 left knee surgery.Bruins Recent Transactions
Feb. 1: Pascal Pelletier returned to Providence/AHL.
Feb. 19: Andrew Bodnarchuk
signed to an entry-level contract.Bruins 2007-08 Shootouts (5-3)
1. Oct. 10 … NY Rangers 0 at Boston 1 … Boston Goal: Manny Fernandez (W) … NY Rangers Goal: Henrik Lundqvist (L)
Boston Shooters: Bergeron (N), Sturm (N), Kessel (Y) … NY Rangers Shooters: Shanahan (N), Drury (N), Jagr (N)
2. Nov. 4 … Ottawa 2 at Boston 1 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(L) … Ottawa Goal: Martin Gerber (W)
Boston Shooters: Kobasew (N), Kessel (N) … Ottawa Shooters: Alfredsson (Y), Vermette (Y)
3. Dec. 20 … Pittsburgh 5 at Boston 4 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(L) … Pittsburgh Goal: Ty Conklin (W)
Boston Shooters: Kessel (N), Sturm (N) … Pittsburgh Shooters: Christensen (Y), Letang (Y)
4. Jan. 17 … Toronto 3 at Boston 2 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (L) … Toronto Goal: Vesa Toskala (W)
Boston Shooters: Kessel (N), Savard (N) … Toronto Shooters: Kaberle (N), Sundin (Y), Steen (Y)
5. Jan. 19 … NY Rangers 3 at Boston 4 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
… NY Rangers Goal: Henrik Lundqvist (L)
Boston Shooters: Kobasew (N), Kessel (Y), Chara (Y) … NY Rangers Shooters: Shanahan (N), Prucha (N)
6. Feb. 8 … Boston 3 at Buffalo 2 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (W) … Buffalo Goal: Ryan Miller (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (N), Kessel (Y) … Buffalo Shooters: Kotalik (N), Tallinder (N), Roy (N)
7. Feb. 19 … Boston 3 at Carolina 2 … Boston Goal: Tim Thomas
(W) … Carolina Goal: Cam Ward (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (N), Kessel (Y), Krejci (Y) … Carolina Shooters: Cullen (N), Samsonov (N)
7. Feb. 21 … Boston 5 at Florida 4 … Boston Goal: Alex Auld (W) … Florida Goal: Tomas Vokoun (L)
Boston Shooters: Sturm (Y), Kessel (N), Krejci (N) … Florida Shooters: Montador (N), Horton (N), Jokinen (N)Bruins 2007-08 Penalty Shots For and Against
1F. Oct. 27 … Phil Kessel unsuccessful vs. Philadelphia’s Martin Biron (15:09 second period).
A. Dec. 28 … Carolina’s Chad Larose successful shorthanded vs. Tim Thomas
(15:28 second period).March Birthdays
- Andrew Ference
will turn 29 years old on March 17.
- Zdeno Chara
will turn 31 years old on March 18.
- Dennis Wideman will turn 25 years old on March 20.Bruins Fun Facts
- P. J. Axelsson is four goals shy of his 100th NHL goal milestone.
- Peter Schaefer is four goals shy of his 100th NHL goal milestone.
- The Bruins put 48 shots on Florida goaltender Tomas Vokoun in a 5-4 shootout win on Feb. 21 … It was their highest shot total of the season and their most shots on goal since Oct. 24, 2005 when they took 53 in Toronto.
- The Bruins have recorded four shutouts this season by three different goaltenders. Manny Fernandez recorded a 1-0 shootout victory over NY Rangers on Oct. 20, Alex Auld notched a 2-0 win vs. Columbus on Dec. 15 and Tim Thomas
won a 2-0 decision over Washington on Jan. 3 and a 4-0 victory vs. Ottawa on Feb. 26.
- It is the first time the Bruins have had three goaltenders record complete-game shutouts since 1997-98 (Jim Carey, Byron Dafoe, Robbie Tallas).
- The Bruins have 17 sets of back-to-back games this season and have completed 12 of these series thus far.
- They are 5-5-2 this season in the first game of these series and are 4-7-1 in the second game of these sets thus far this season.
- The Bruins have had eight rookies play a game this season – Matt Hunwick, David Krejci
, Matt Lashoff, Milan Lucic
, Petteri Nokelainen, Pascal Pelletier, Tuukka Rask
and Vladimir Sobotka.
- David Krejci
scored his first NHL goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa, becoming the fifth Bruin to do so this season, joining Lucic (Oct. 12 at Los Angeles), Jeremy Reich (Dec. 15 vs. Columbus), Lashoff (Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta) and Sobotka (Feb. 13 at Pittsburgh).
- The Bruins will complete the 14th of their 24 season series today vs. Atlanta. They are 0-1-0 vs. Anaheim, 1-3-0 vs. Carolina, 1-0-0 vs. Chicago, 1-0-0 vs. Columbus, 0-1-0 vs. Dallas, 0-1-0 vs. Detroit, 1-0-0 vs. Los Angeles, 1-0-0 vs. Nashville, 3-1-0 vs. NY Islanders, 1-0-0 vs. Phoenix, 2-1-1 vs. Pittsburgh, 0-1-0 vs. St. Louis and 1-0-0 vs. San Jose.
- The Bruins opened this season with a five-game trip against Pacific Division teams, which concluded Oct. 13 in San Jose … That was the last game of the season scheduled for the Bruins outside of the Eastern Time zone.
- The Bruins hosted the Central Division teams this season and did not play teams in the Northwest Division.
- The Bruins had four representatives at the 2008 NHL All-Star weekend held on Jan. 26-27 at Philips Arena in Atlanta.
- Bruins captain Zdeno Chara
played in his third career NHL All-Star Game and successfully defended his title of Hardest Shot in the Skills Competition with a 103.1 mph blast that was the second-highest score in that competition’s history.
- Center Marc Savard
and goaltender Tim Thomas
appeared in their first career All-Star Games with Savard scoring the game-winning goal at 19:39 of the third period and Thomas recording the victory for the Eastern Conference Team.
- Left wing Milan Lucic
took part in the Young Stars Game and scored a goal for his team.The Players 6—Dennis Wideman—D
- Has 2-4-6 totals in five of his last six games…Had a goal Feb. 16 in Toronto; an assist Feb. 19 in Carolina; 1-1-2 totals Feb. 21 in Florida; and single assists each Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay and Mar. 1 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has three multiple-point games.
- Had a seven-game point streak from Nov. 29-Dec. 10 (2-5-7 totals), the longest point streak by a Bruins defenseman since Ray Bourque had an eight-game streak (4-6-10 totals) from Oct. 12-Nov. 2, 1995.
- Had a four-game point streak from Feb. 16-23 (2-3-5 totals).
- Has not dressed for one game this season (coach’s decision). 11—P.J. Axelsson—LW
- Has 2-1-3 totals in his last six games with an assist Feb. 16 in Toronto and single goals each Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay and Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has 3-3-6 totals in his last 11 games with 8-5-13 totals in his last 22 games.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Had a three-game point streak from Feb. 5-9 (1-2-3 totals).
- Has missed seven games to injury (7-foot, Jan. 12-29). 12—Chuck Kobasew—RW
- Returned to the lineup Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh after missing the previous two games with a groin injury…Has three assists in his last two games played, with a single assist Feb. 21 in Florida and a two-assist night Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has 5-8-13 totals in his last 15 games.
- Has seven multiple-point games.
- Had a five-game point streak from Jan. 24-Feb. 5 (2-4-6 totals).
- Had a three-game goal streak from Oct. 6-12 (3-0-3 totals).
- Has scored four of Boston’s six empty net goals this season.
- Has taken two shootout shots this season (no goals).
- Has missed three games to injury (1-back, Feb.1 3; 2-groin, Feb. 23-26). 13—Glen Metropolit—C
- Has five assists in his last eight games with single assists each Feb. 12 vs. Carolina, Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh and Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay, and two assists Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has 3-7-10 totals in his last 14 games.
- Has six multiple-point games.
- Leads the team with 11 game-winning points (5-6-11 totals).
- Played his 200th NHL game Nov. 23 vs. NY Islanders…Scored his 100th NHL point with the first of two goals Jan. 29 vs. Nashville.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas…Recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist Oct. 10 in Anaheim…Scored his first goal as a Bruin Oct. 25 vs. Chicago.
- Signed as a free agent on Oct. 3…Had been invited to training camp on a pro try-out agreement. 16—Marco Sturm—LW
- Has a six-game point streak in progress with 3-6-9 totals in that span…Has single assists each Feb. 16 in Toronto and Feb. 19 in Carolina; a 1-2-3 effort Feb. 21 in Florida with his first assist in that game his 400th NHL point; single assists each Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay and Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa; and two goals, including his 200th NHL score, Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh…Also scored the deciding shootout goal Feb. 21 in Florida.
- Has 5-7-12 totals in his last ten games with 10-10-20 totals in his last 19 contests.
- Has 11 multiple-point games.
- Had a six-game point streak from Nov. 8-23 (4-3-7 totals).
- Had a four-game point streak from Oct. 27-Nov. 4 (2-3-5 totals).
- Has hit the 20-goal mark for the sixth straight season.
- Played his 700th NHL game Nov. 23 vs. NY Islanders…Scored his 200th NHL goal Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh…Recorded his 200th NHL assist Feb. 9 vs. Florida…Recorded his 400th NHL point with an assist in a 1-2-3 effort Feb. 21 in Florida.
- Played his 730th NHL game Feb. 2 vs. Detroit, moving past Uwe Krupp as the all-time leader in NHL games played by a player born and raised in Germany.
- Has taken five shootout shots this season (one deciding goal).
- Has missed two games to injury/illness (1-eye, Dec. 12; 1-flu, Jan. 31). 17—Milan Lucic—LW
- Has 1-3-4 totals in his last seven games with single assists each Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh and Feb. 21 in Florida, a goal Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay and an assist Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa.
- Has 3-7-10 totals in his last 15 games.
- Has five multiple-point games.
- Had a four-game point streak from Jan. 24-Feb. 2 (2-4-6 totals).
- Recorded his first NHL assist/point and goal Oct. 12 in Los Angeles with the goal proving the game-winner…Completed his ‘Gordie Howe hat trick’ with a fight in that game as well.
- Played his first NHL game Oct. 5 in Dallas…Recorded his first NHL assist/point and his first NHL goal Oct. 12 in Los Angeles with the goal proving the game-winner.
- Has not dressed for one game (coach’s decision).
- Has missed four games to injury (4-head, Nov. 24-Dec. 1).
- Changed his number from 62 to 17 on October 30.
- Played in the Young Stars game during All-Star weekend and scored a goal. 21—Andrew Ference—D
- Has single assists each in two of his last eight games, recorded Feb. 12 vs. Carolina and Feb. 19 in Carolina.
- Has four multiple-point games.
- Has missed 16 games to injury (4-upper core, Nov. 4-10; 12-knee, Nov. 17-Dec. 10). 22—Shawn Thornton—RW
- Has 3-2-5 totals in four of his last eight games…Scored his first points of the season Feb. 12 vs. Carolina with his first career two-goal and fourth career two-point game; added an assist Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh; a goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa; and an assist Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- His goals on Feb. 12 came in a 0:27 span of the third period and were the fastest two goals by a Bruin since Mike Knuble struck twice in 17 seconds on Dec. 14, 2003.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Played his 100th NHL game Jan. 10 vs. Montreal.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas.
- Has not dressed for three games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed 20 games to injury (19-foot, Nov. 7-Dec. 18). 27—Glen Murray—RW
- Has 4-2-6 totals in his last nine games…Had 1-1-2 efforts each Feb. 9 vs. Florida and Feb. 16 in Toronto; and two goals, including the game-winner, Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay.
- Has six multiple-point games with his season-high a 2-1-3 effort Nov. 17 in Montreal.
- Had a three-game point streak from Oct. 12-18 (1-3-4 totals).
- Has had two four-game point streaks, from Nov. 15-23 (3-3-6 totals) and Dec. 1-6 (3-1-4 totals).
- Has missed 19 games to injury (19-hip, Dec. 22-Feb. 5).
- Has dressed as backup for the last two games.
- Has won his last two decisions…Earned the 5-4 shootout win in Florida on Feb. 21, as he stopped all 15 shots faced in 25 minutes in relief of Tim Thomas
and then stopped all three Florida shootout attempts for the win; and a 5-3 victory in Tampa Bay on Feb. 23.
- Is now 3-0-1 in his last four decisions.
- Had a 2-0 win over Columbus on Dec. 15, which was the fourth shutout of his NHL career, his second of the season and his first as a Bruin.
- Has played in three shootouts this season (2-1, 2 goals/9 shots).
- Acquired Dec. 6 from Phoenix for Nate DiCasmirro and a 2009 fifth round draft pick.
- Was playing in San Antonio/AHL at the time of the trade, where he was assigned Nov. 20 from Phoenix…Had a 3-6-0 record in nine Coyotes games this season with one shutout, a 1-0 win in Anaheim on Oct. 25…Had a 1-1-0 record with San Antonio, with the win a 7-0 victory over Milwaukee on Nov. 24…Is in his seventh professional season and Boston is his fourth NHL organization (Vancouver, Florida, Phoenix).
- Has not dressed for one game (at home following son’s birth).
- Has dressed as backup for 21 Boston games. 30—Tim Thomas—G
- Is 4-0-1 in his last five decisions…Had a 2-1 win in Pittsburgh on Feb. 13; a 4-3 overtime loss in Toronto on Feb. 16; a 3-2 shootout win in Carolina on Feb. 19; his sixth career shutout with a 4-0 victory over Ottawa on Feb. 26 (113:04 shutout streak); and a 5-1 win over Pittsburgh on Feb. 28.
- Is 9-3-1 in his last 13 decisions, including a career-best five-game win streak from Jan. 19-31, and is 15-9-2 in his last 26 decisions, including his fifth career shutout in a 2-0 win over Washington on Jan. 3.
- Has faced 30-or-more shots in 23 of his 40 complete games with a 14-7-2 record in those games…His season-high in shots faced was 52 Nov. 17 in Montreal and he has faced 40+ shots on five occasions in all this season.
- Has allowed two-or-fewer goals in 25 of his 40 complete games this season (18-5-2 record) and has allowed one goal or less in 17 of those contests (15-1-1).
- Had a career-best five-game win streak from Jan. 19-31.
- Has had three three-game win streaks as well—from Oct. 13-25, Dec. 31-Jan. 5 and Feb. 19-28.
- Allowed a shorthanded penalty shot goal by Carolina’s Chad Larose on Dec. 28 and has now faced four career penalty shots, allowing two goals.
- Has played in four shootouts this season (2-2, 4 goals/8 shots).
- Has dressed as backup for 13 games and in consecutive games just twice.
- Has missed six games to injury (6-groin, Dec. 6-15).
- Played in his first career NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 27 and recorded the 8-7 victory for the Eastern Conference. 33—Zdeno Chara—D
- Has a six-game point streak in progress with 6-2-8 totals in that span…Had a 1-1-2 effort Feb. 16 in Toronto including the goal at 19:10 of the third period that sent the game into overtime; single goals each Feb. 19 in Carolina and Feb. 21 in Florida; an assist Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay; two goals Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa; and a goal Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has 8-3-11 totals in nine of his last ten games with 8-10-18 totals in his last 20 contests.
- Has ten multiple-point games.
- Has had two four-game point streaks - from Nov. 10-20 (1-4-5 totals) and Jan. 12-20 (1-5-6 totals).
- Had a three-game assist streak from Oct. 6-12 with (0-4-4 totals).
- Has taken one shootout shot this season (goal).
- Played in his third career NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 27 at Philips Arena in Atlanta…Won the Hardest Shot competition for the second straight year with his 103.1 mph blast the second-hardest in that competition’s history. 34—Shane Hnidy—D
- Recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist on the game-winning goal Jan. 29 vs. Nashville.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Jan. 3 vs. Washington.
- Acquired Jan. 2 from Anaheim for Brandon Bochenski and a 2008 sixth round draft pick.
- Had 1-2-3 totals in 33 games with Anaheim at the time of the trade…Originally drafted by Buffalo as their seventh pick, 173rd overall, in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft and Boston becomes his fifth NHL team (Ottawa, Nashville, Atlanta, Anaheim). 35—Manny Fernandez—G
- Is out of the lineup following Dec. 12 knee surgery.
- Had his two-game win streak stopped with a 6-1 loss in Montreal on Oct. 22…That followed an 8-6 victory in Los Angeles on Oct. 12 and a 1-0 shootout victory over NY Rangers on Oct. 20, his 14th career shutout.
- Recorded his 14th NHL shutout and first as a Bruin with a 1-0 shootout win over NY Rangers on Oct. 20.
- Has played in one shootout this season (1-0, 0 goals/3 shots).
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas with a 4-1 loss…Earned his first win as a Bruin with an 8-6 victory in Los Angeles on Oct. 12.
- Has dressed as backup for six games.
- Has missed 52 games to injury (52-knee, Nov. 1-Dec. 5; Dec. 8-Feb. 28). 37—Patrice Bergeron—C
- Is out of the lineup with a concussion and broken nose suffered Oct. 27 vs. Philadelphia.
- Had his three-game point streak stopped Oct. 20 vs. NY Rangers with 1-4-5 totals in that span…Had an assist Oct. 12 in Los Angeles, a 1-1-2 effort Oct. 13 in San Jose and two assists Oct. 18 vs. Montreal.
- Has 3-4-7 totals in five of his ten games played this season.
- Has two multiple-point games.
- Has taken one shootout shot this season (no goal).
- Has missed 53 games to injury (53-concussion/broken nose, Nov. 1-Feb. 28). 38—Bobby Allen—D
- Has missed the last 28 games, not dressing for the last eight games and missing 20 with recurring back spasms.
- Has not dressed for 22 games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed 26 games to injury (1-arm, Nov. 10; 25-back, Dec. 8-15; Dec. 23-Feb. 9). 41—Andrew Alberts—D
- Has missed the last 31 games with post-concussion symptoms.
- Recorded his second assist of the season Nov. 26 in Philadelphia.
- Has missed 31 games to injury (31-post-concussion symptoms, Dec. 18-Feb. 28). 44—Aaron Ward—D
- Snapped an 18-game scoreless stretch with an assist Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh…His previous points came in consecutive games with single goals each Jan. 10 vs. Montreal and Jan. 12 in Philadelphia (overtime score).
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Has missed 13 games to injury (2-concussion, Nov. 10-15; 3-ankle, Dec. 3-6; 8-foot, Dec. 22-Jan. 8). 45—Mark Stuart—D
- Has 1-1-2 totals in two of his last three games with a goal Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay and an assist Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Scored his second goal of the season with the game-winning effort Dec. 31 vs. Atlanta…His older brother Colin scored for the Thrashers in that game as they became just the second siblings to tally in the same game this season (Marian and Marcel Hossa on Dec. 7, NY Rangers at Atlanta). 46—David Krejci—C
- Has scored single goals in each of his last two games with his first NHL goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa and his second Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh…Had scored a shootout goal Feb. 19 in Carolina, but shootout tallies do not count in individual stats.
- Has 2-4-6 totals in his last 11 games.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Had a three-game assist streak from Feb. 5-9 (0-3-3 totals).
- Has taken two shootout shots this season (one goal).
- Recalled Dec. 30 from Providence/AHL where he had 7-21-28 totals with 19 PIM in 25 AHL Bruins games with a +14 rating.
- Began the season in Boston and had three assists in 12 games before his Nov. 4 assignment to Providence/AHL…Recorded his first NHL point with an assist Oct. 6 at Phoenix. 53—Jeremy Reich—LW
- His last point was an assist Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh.
- His first 1-1-2 totals on the season came in a three-game span, scoring his first NHL goal Dec. 15 vs. Columbus in his 61st NHL game and his eighth professional season and adding a shorthanded assist Dec. 20 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has not dressed for 16 games this season (coach’s decision). 56—Petteri Nokelainen—C/W
- Has played in one of the last five games, dressing Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay…Missed two games with the flu and did not dress for the last two games.
- His last point was a goal Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Nov. 4 vs. Ottawa…That was his first NHL game since April 2, 2006 vs. Philadelphia while with the NY Islanders…Scored his first goal/point as a Bruin with the game-winning tally Dec. 3 at NY Islanders (his first NHL goal/point since Oct. 13, 2005 in New Jersey while with the NY Islanders).
- Recalled Nov. 4 from Providence/AHL where he was third in that team’s scoring race with 3-5-8 totals and 4 PIM in eight AHL Bruins games.
- Has not dressed for four Boston games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed two games to illness (2-flu, Feb. 19-21). 60—Vladimir Sobotka—C
- Has 1-1-2 totals in his last seven games, scoring his first NHL goal Feb. 13 in Pittsburgh and adding an assist on the game-winning goal Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa.
- Recalled Jan. 11 from Providence/AHL where he had 10-10-20 totals with 37 PIM and a +12 plus/minus rating in 18 AHL Bruins games.
- Recorded his first two NHL points in a three-game span with single assists each Dec. 12 in Atlanta and Dec. 15 vs. Columbus.
- Played his first NHL game Nov. 24 at NY Islanders.
- Has not dressed for one game (coach’s decision).
- Has missed three games to injury (3-upper body, Dec. 6-10). 72—Peter Schaefer—LW
- Did not dress Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh…Has played one of the last ten games, dressing Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa with an assist after missing the previous eight games with a shin laceration.
- Has 1-3-4 totals in his last nine games played.
- Has two multiple-point games, including a season-high 2-1-3 effort Nov. 15 vs. Toronto, which matched his previous career-high for goals in a game.
- Played his 500th NHL game Oct. 20 vs. NY Rangers.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas and recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist in that game…Scored his first goal as a Bruin Oct. 18 vs. Montreal.
- Has not dressed for two games (coach’s decision).
- Has missed ten games to injury (2-flu, Jan. 17-19; 8-shin, Feb. 8-23). 81—Phil Kessel—C/W
- Has 1-1-2 totals in his last four games…Had the goal Feb. 21 in Florida at 14:48 of the third period that sent the game into overtime; and an assist Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay.
- Has four multiple-point games, including his first career hat trick in a career-high 3-1-4 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Had a four-game point streak from Jan. 19-24 (2-2-4 totals).
- Has taken eight shootout shots this season with four deciding goals…Scored the deciding goals each in a 1-0 win over NY Rangers on Oct. 20, a 4-3 win over NY Rangers on Jan. 19, a 3-2 win in Buffalo on Feb. 8 and a 3-2 victory in Carolina on Feb. 19…He now has eight career shootout deciding goals.
- Took his first career penalty shot on Oct. 27, unsuccessful vs. Philadelphia’s Martin Biron.
- Played his 100th NHL game Dec. 12 in Atlanta. 91—Marc Savard—C
- Has a six-game assist & point streak in progress with 1-9-10 totals in that span…Had a two-assist effort Feb. 16 in Toronto; a 1-1-2 night Feb. 19 in Carolina; two assists Feb. 21 in Florida; single assists each Feb. 23 in Tampa Bay and Feb. 26 vs. Ottawa; and two assists Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh with his second on the night the 400th of his NHL career.
- Has 1-12-13 totals in nine of his last ten games with 4-24-28 totals in his last 21 games and 6-25-31 totals in his last 25 contests.
- Has 18 multiple-point games.
- Had a career-best 12-game assist/point streak from Nov. 10-Dec. 6 (2-17-19 totals).
- Had a nine-game assist/point streak from Jan. 10-31 (3-12-15 totals).
- Has taken one shootout shot this season (no goal).
- Recorded his 500th NHL point with the first assist of a 1-4-5 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles…Played his 600th NHL game Nov. 10 vs. Buffalo…Recorded his 400th NHL assist Feb. 28 vs. Pittsburgh.
- Has missed one game to injury (1-groin, Oct. 10)…Missed the Oct. 10 game in Anaheim with the injury, snapping his consecutive games-played stretch at 166 games dating back to his previous game missed (April 3, 2004 at Ottawa while with New Jersey).
- Played in his first career NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 27 and scored the game-winning goal for the Eastern Conference at 19:31 of the third period.