Hey everyone! I know I've been slacking at the keyboard, but the bump to the head kept me out for a bit and then we were on the road for about nine years.
And yes, I know this is late, but I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with your families!
For Turkey Day I was lucky enough to head over to Shawn Thornton
's, where his wife Erin and Jeremy Reich's wife Marcie cooked up a great meal for the 10 of us that were there. Beyond food, the day was fun-filled with watching football, engaging in good conversation and relaxation. After Thanksgiving we took off on the road for the next 9 of 10 games, and traveled up and down the East Coast.By the way…
As you all may know I took a shot to the head in Philly, but I'm doing well, and I wanted to thank everybody for their support and concerns.
We were able to put together a few good games and ended the road trip with 3 consecutive victories -- giving us a 6-2-1 record from our 9 games.Fun facts from the Road…
- Many of us crushed our first Philly Cheesesteak in Philadelphia thanks to P.J. Axelsson.
- Jeremy Reich became a proud father to a little girl, Addison Grace Reich, on Dec. 4th.
- Played at the Prudential Center...the Devils new rink.
- In one city on unsuspecting young Bruin (not me) got shoe checked at dinner. If you don't know what this is, it's when one of your teammates crawls under the table (undetected by the victim) during a team meal and puts something (ketchup, butter, hollandaise sauce, etc.) on the toe of their shoe and then once back safely everyone but the victim starts tapping their glass with a fork or knife to let the team know that someone has been had!
- While in Toronto many guys showed up to support Andrew Ference as well as represent the NHLPA in the launch of the NHL Going Green! The NHLPA is encouraging all teams and facilities to start Going Green and taking a more environmental approach to hockey.
- After the Toronto we took an anachronistic bus ride to Buffalo which allowed for more team bonding and an entertaining Cribbage Tournament.
- Lucic sported a "crustache" (crusty thin mustache) and a nice comb over hairdo while on the road, which earned him the nickname "Gino."
- Bochenski joined in with the fun and grew a mustache, which earned him the name "Mustachio.
The fun didn't stop there, Thursday night we had our first big snow storm in New England, and I just wanted to thank all the fans that still came to our game vs. the Devils.
I hope you all made it home safely!DVD to pickup this week Superbad (rating 4 of 5 stars)
: It's a really funny comedy with HS kids gearing up for a big party and their efforts to get some adult beverages. Good movie to watch with your friends, but definitely not with your parents (or kids for that matter)!The Best News of All...
Bergy was back from Quebec and at the rink on Thursday and is feeling much better!!! Make sure you checkout the recap from the Columbus game -- I saw Bish interviewing Patrice and he said that the interview is at the end of that game's audio recap. Bergy really looked great, by the way.
Gonna end this one here, but I hope you all have a great Holiday and a very healthy New Year! Looking forward to seeing you all at the Wives Carnival on January 6!!!