The Bruins host the Lightning Thursday in the first of four games between these teams this season and the first of two games of this season's series at TD Banknorth Garden. The Bruins are 3-2-0 thus far this season and are playing their first home game of the season. The Lightning are 3-1-0 overall this season with an 0-1-0 record on the road. The Bruins are playing their first game of the season against both a Southeast Division and Eastern Conference team. The Lightning are facing their first game of the season against a Northeast Division team and are 3-1-0 this season vs. Eastern Conference opponents.
The Bruins are 42-20-20-0 all-time in their home opening games.All-time Series
The Bruins are 33-12-9-0 all-time vs. Tampa Bay with a 186-143 scoring advantage in those 54 games. The Bruins are 19-2-6-0 all-time vs. the Lightning on home ice with a 105-66 scoring edge in those 27 contests. The Bruins have won the last four games overall vs. the Lightning with their last loss to Tampa Bay a 6-5 setback in Boston on Feb. 11, 2006. That loss snapped a 16-0-5-0 home unbeaten stretch for the Bruins vs. the Lightning and they are now 18-1-5-0 in their last 24 home games vs. Tampa Bay.Recent Bruins Games
The Bruins finished their season-opening five-game road trip with a 3-2-0 record. They earned a 4-1 loss in Dallas on Oct. 5, a 3-1 victory in Phoenix on Oct. 6, a 2-1 setback in Anaheim on Oct. 10, an 8-6 win in Los Angeles on Oct. 12 and a 2-1 victory in San Jose on Oct. 13. Recent Lightning Games
The Lightning opened their 2007-08 regular season schedule with a three-game home stand, earning a 3-1 win over New Jersey on Oct. 4, a 5-2 victory vs. Atlanta on Oct. 6 and a 2-1 win over Florida on Oct. 10. They dropped a 6-4 decision in Florida on Oct. 13 in their last game.Upcoming Bruins Games
The Bruins will next host the NY Rangers on Oct. 20 (7:00 p.m., NESN and WBZ Radio). They will then face the Canadiens in Montreal on Oct. 22 (7:30 p.m.; Versus and WBZ Radio) before returning home to host the Chicago Blackhawks on Oct. 25 (7:00 p.m., NESN and WBZ Radio) and the Philadelphia Flyers on Oct. 27 (7:00 p.m., NESN and WBZ Radio). Upcoming Lightning Games
The Lightning next return home to host Atlanta on Oct. 20 and will then travel to Washington on Oct. 24.Bruins Injuries
None reported.Bruins October Transactions
Oct. 1: Nate Thompson, Petteri Nokelainen and Matt Hunwick assigned to Providence/AHL.
Oct. 2: Jeff Hoggan assigned to Providence/AHL).
Oct. 3: Glen Metropolit signed as a free agent.Bruins 2007-08 Shootouts
The Bruins have not yet participated in a 2007-08 regular season shootout.Bruins 2007-08 Penalty Shots
The Bruins have not yet faced or taken a 2007-08 regular season penalty shot.Bruins Fun Facts
- October Birthdays: Phil Kessel turned 20 on Oct. 2.
- Peter Schaefer is two games away from his 500th NHL game milestone.
- Manny Fernandez is five games shy of his 300th NHL game milestone.
- The Bruins have 17 sets of back-to-back games this season and have completed two of these sets thus far.
- They are 1-1-0 this season in the first game of these series and are 2-0-0 in the second game of these sets.
- The Bruins have two rookies on their 23-man roster this season – David Krejci
and Milan Lucic
…Krejci played six NHL games last season while Lucic played his first NHL game Oct. 5 in Dallas in this season's opener.
- The Bruins have five players on their roster this season who are new to the team – Manny Fernandez (trade with Minnesota), Milan Lucic
(draft), Glen Metropolit (free agent), Peter Schaefer (trade with Ottawa) and Shawn Thornton
(free agent). That is in addition to new coach Claude Julien and new assistant coaches Craig Ramsay and Geoff Ward.
- The Bruins opened this season with a five-game trip against Pacific Division teams, which concluded Oct. 13 in San Jose. That was the last game of the season scheduled for the Bruins outside of the Eastern Time zone.
- The Bruins will host the Central Division teams this season and will not play teams in the Northwest Division.
- The Bruins have completed five of their 24 seasons series. They are 0-1-0 vs. Anaheim, 0-1-0 vs. Dallas, 1-0-0 vs. Los Angeles, 1-0-0 vs. Phoenix and 1-0-0 vs. San Jose.Hockey Fights Cancer
The NHL is celebrating the 10th Anniversary this season of the Hockey Fights Cancer initiative. All NHL players will wear pink Hockey Fights Cancer decals on the back of their helmets for all games throughout the entire month of October.The Players6—Dennis Wideman—D
- Has played the last four games after not dressing for the season opener.
- Has not dressed for one game this season (coach's decision).10—Brandon Bochenski—RW
- Is looking to play his first game of the season.
- Dressed, but did not play Oct. 10 in Anaheim.
- Has not dressed for four games this season (coach's decision).11—P.J. Axelsson—LW
- Has two assists in his last four games, assisting on the shorthanded game-winning goal Oct. 6 in Phoenix and adding an assist Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.12—Chuck Kobasew—RW
- Had his three-game goal streak stopped Oct. 13 in San Jose with a three goals in that span…Scored the shorthanded game-winning goal Oct. 6 in Phoenix and added single tallies Oct. 10 in Anaheim and Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.13—Glen Metropolit—C
- Has one assist in five games thus far this season, recording his first point as a Bruin with an assist Oct. 10 in Anaheim.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas…Recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist Oct. 10 in Anaheim.
- Signed as a free agent on Oct. 3…Had been invited to training camp on a pro try-out agreement.16—Marco Sturm—LW
- Has 1-2-3 totals in his last four games, scoring his first goal of the season Oct. 6 in Phoenix and adding two assists Oct. 13 in San Jose.
- Has one multiple-point game.21—Andrew Ference—D
- Recorded his first point of the season with an assist Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.22—Shawn Thornton—RW
- Scoreless in five games thus far this season.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas.27—Glen Murray—RW
- Has 1-2-3 totals in his last two straight games with a 1-1-2 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles and an assist Oct. 13 in San Jose.
- Has one multiple-point game.30—Tim Thomas—G
- Won his last start with a 2-1 victory in San Jose on Oct. 13 (27 shots).
- Started his second consecutive game Oct. 10 in Anaheim, taking the 2-1 loss (30 shots).
- Earned his first win of the season in his first start of the year with a 3-1 victory in Phoenix on Oct. 6 (37 shots).
- Has dressed as backup for two games.33—Zdeno Chara—D
- Had his three-game assist streak stopped Oct. 13 in San Jose with four assists in that span…Had single assists each Oct. 6 in Phoenix and Oct. 10 in Anaheim and had two assists Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Has one multiple-point game.35—Manny Fernandez—G
- Earned his first win as a Bruin with an 8-6 victory in Los Angeles on Oct. 12.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas with a 4-1 loss.
- Has dressed as backup for three games.37—Patrice Bergeron—C
- Has 3-2-5 totals in four of his five games played this season…Scored Boston's first goal of the 2007-08 season with a tally Oct. 5 in Dallas, scored the opening goal of a 3-1 win Oct. 6 in Phoenix, added an assist Oct. 12 in Los Angeles and factored in both goals Oct. 13 in San Jose with 1-1-2 totals in the 2-1 victory.
- Has one multiple-point game.38—Bobby Allen—D
- Has not dressed for the last four games.
- Played his lone game of the season Oct. 5 in Dallas.
- Has not dressed for four games (coach's decision).41—Andrew Alberts—D
- Scoreless in five games thus far this season.44—Aaron Ward—D
- Has goals in each of his last two games, scoring his first goal of the season Oct. 12 in Los Angeles and netting the game-winner at 19:48 of the third period Oct. 13 in San Jose.45—Mark Stuart—D
- Scoreless in five games thus far this season.46—David Krejci—C
- Has three assists in two of his last four games…Recorded his first NHL point with an assist Oct. 6 in Phoenix and added two assists Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Has one multiple-point game.53—Jeremy Reich—LW
- Has not dressed for the first five games of the season (coach's decision).62—Milan Lucic—LW
- Recorded his first NHL assist/point and goal Oct. 12 in Los Angeles with the goal proving the game-winner…Completed his 'Gordie Howe hat trick' with a fight in that game as well.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Played his first NHL game Oct. 5 in Dallas…Recorded his first NHL assist/point and goal Oct. 12 in Los Angeles with the goal proving the game-winner.72—Peter Schaefer—LW
- Has two assists in five games this season…Recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist Oct. 5 in Dallas and added another Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Played his first game as a Bruin Oct. 5 in Dallas and recorded his first point as a Bruin with an assist in that game.81—Phil Kessel—C/W
- Scored his first career hat trick and recorded a career-high for points in a game with a 3-1-4 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Had recorded his first point of the season with an assist Oct. 6 in Phoenix.
- Has one multiple-point game.91—Marc Savard—C
- Has points in three of his four games played this season with 1-6-7 totals in that span…Had power play assists each Oct. 5 in Dallas and Oct. 6 in Phoenix and matched his career-highs for assists and points in a game with a 1-4-5 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Has played the last two games after missing the Oct. 10 game in Anaheim with an injury…That snapped his consecutive games-played stretch at 166 games dating back to his previous game missed (April 3, 2004 at Tampa Bay while with Atlanta), as he missed the final 17 games of the 2003-04 season with a knee strain.
- Has one multiple-point game.
- Recorded his 500th NHL point with the first assist of a 1-4-5 effort Oct. 12 in Los Angeles.
- Has missed one game to injury (1-groin, Oct. 10).