Arbella Kid Captain Sweepstakes
1. General. By participating in this contest, sponsored by the Boston Professional Hockey Association, Inc. ("the Sponsor"), the participant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Contest begins on Monday, October 21, at 9:00 a.m. and ends Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. All times in this contest refer to Eastern Time. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are at its sole discretion and are binding and final. Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification from this contest.
2. Eligibility. Employees of Sponsor and Delaware North Companies, Inc.-Boston ("DNCB"), Arbella Insurance Group, any Insurance Agency or Agent (including their employees) appointed by any member of the Arbella Insurance Group, any Insurance Agency or Agent (including their employees) appointed by any member of the Arbella Insurance Group, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of each of the foregoing are not eligible to win a prize, but may participate.
3. How to Enter. No Purchase Necessary. To enter the Contest, please follow these steps: Enter to win by filling out the form on BostonBruins.com/Arbella. Child being entered must be between 8-12 years of age. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry that it deems, in its sole discretion; to violate any of these content related requirements. By submitting an entry (or accepting any prize), each entrant understands and agrees that their entry, including any part of the narrative, named persons, and multimedia elements, child's first name and individual name may be posted online and further exploited by Sponsor for promotional purposes, without further compensation or review, and will not be returned. Each entrant represents that the entry is true and correct, and that he or she is authorized to submit such entry. Sponsor reserves the right to crop or reformat any entry in whole or in part, in order to be viewable online. Entrant further agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Arbella Insurance Group, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any and all claims that any such use by Sponsor, including any promotional presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor, infringes the entrant's rights or the rights of a third party or the subject of any entry, including the rights of publicity and privacy and other proprietary rights. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entry which Sponsor determines in its discretion to be unauthorized by the subjects of the entry or to be otherwise not in compliance with these Rules.
4. Determination of Winner. Throughout the conclusion of the sweepstakes time period, twelve (12) winners will be selected from all eligible entries, one (1) for each of the selected Kid Captain games. The winners will be notified by phone and/or email roughly 1 week prior to the game, no later than 5:00pm. Winner must be 18 years of age by Monday, October 21, 2019. Sponsor will judge entries equally on the following criteria; originality, creativity, adherence to contest theme. The child must be fully registered with USA Hockey. The Sponsor's decisions are final, binding and conclusive on all matters related to the Contest. The winner will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release upon picking up the prize. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
5. Prizes. A minimum of twelve (12) prizes will be awarded for the contest. The prize will consist of four (4) tickets to a Bruins home game, a personalized jersey, brand new equipment (helmet, gloves, pants & socks), and a VIP "Kid Captain" experience at the game. In the event the game is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute or award an alternative prize of approximate value with no further obligation to the winner. The estimated total prize value is $750. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and there are no date or seat substitutions. Transfer of any prize is prohibited. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees, including parking and transportation, associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
6. Disclaimer. By entering the Contest, the winner assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by, arising out of or in connection with his or her participation in the Contest, submission of the participant's entry photo and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and hereby releases, indemnifies and holds harmless the Sponsor, DNCB, the NHL, NHL member clubs, Arbella Insurance Group, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any and all such liability, including personal injury or breach of any person's intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. None of the Sponsor, DNCB, Arbella Insurance Group, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing, are responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
7. Internet. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the contest, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. The Sponsor, DNCB, Arbella Insurance Group, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries, (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these contest. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Boston, Massachusetts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Massachusetts law, without reference to Massachusetts' choice of law rules, governs the contest and all aspects related thereto.
10. PUBLICITY CONSENT. By submitting a photo or accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each entrant grants to Sponsor (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor the irrevocable right without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, his/her Photo, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
Winner Announcement. For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 20, 2019 to: Kid Captain, 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114.