Happy hump day!
The week may be half over with, but as far as the St. Louis Blues are concerned, it's just getting started.
That’s because it’s Face-Off Week, presented by Dobbs Tire & Auto Centers.
Opening Night is Thursday, and if you’re one of the thousands heading to Scottrade Center for the game (insert Darren Pang’s patented “why wouldn’t you be?” here), these are few things you might want to know:
1. The party has moved inside. And that’s a good thing, considering the weather forecast says there’s an 80 percent chance of thunderstorms on Thursday. Instead of an outdoor pep rally, the Blues will open the doors to Scottrade Center at 5 p.m. and have an indoor party with a live DJ in the arena.
2. Just have dinner here. If you’re in the building between 5 and 6 p.m., you can enjoy half-price hot dogs, nachos and popcorn at the concession stands.
3. Get to your seats early. The pregame show begins a little earlier this year (fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6 p.m.) While I can’t spoil any of the surprises, I can tell you that the game entertainment staff has been working hard to make this a night you won’t soon forget.
4. Tradition. Brett Hull, Bernie Federko, Al MacInnis, Bob Plager and Garry Unger are a big part of the Blues' rich tradition, and it wouldn't be a Blues Opening Night without them. They'll all be here, so be on the lookout.
5. Commemorate the night. Autographed limited edition Opening Night pucks will be available (while supplies last) outside Section 119. Pucks are $30 each, with proceeds benefiting the Blues 14 Fund. These almost always sell out, so get yours early. The pucks go on sale when doors open at 5 p.m.
If you’re upset about not being outdoors on Thursday, don’t worry - we’ll do that on Saturday, and it will be bigger and better than ever before.
In fact, we’re shutting down 14th Street from 2 to 5:30 p.m. for a Block Party leading up to Saturday’s game vs. the Calgary Flames at 6 p.m. Here's what we have in store:
1. We're rolling out the Blue Carpet. Fans can welcome the players as they arrive for the game and walk the Blue Carpet into Scottrade Center. We're talking Hollywood red carpet-style grand entrances. Cheer them on as they get ready to face the Flames.
2. Live music. Enjoy the sounds of That 80's Band (2 to 3 p.m.) and Trixie Delight (4 to 5:15 p.m.)
3. Food and drink. Levy Restaurants will have concession items available outside, and beverages will be available at the Anheuser-Busch Bud Light Bar.
4. Games. Wind up and take your hardest shot with our Slapshot Machine, or try your game on our inflatable hockey rink.
So again, happy hump day. After today, you've got a lot of hockey to look forward to.