On Saturday, Dec. 4, Steinberg Skating Rink in Forest Park will be the site of the biggest outdoor viewing party St. Louis Blues fans have ever seen.
From 6 p.m. to Midnight, a 35-foot screen at Steinberg Rink will initially show classic Blues moments and then the live TV broadcast of the Blues game at Edmonton (pregame show at 8:30; game at 9 p.m.). Fans will be able to watch the game as they skate, warm up at the bonfire and see the production of FOX Sports Midwest’s pregame and postgame shows originating from the rink.
Pat Parris, Jim Hayes, Hockey Hall of Famer Bernie Federko and former Blue Tony Twist will host the Blues Live pregame and postgame shows and intermission reports. Because FOX Sports Midwest will be broadcasting segments all night, fans may have a chance to be on TV.
Steinberg Rink is the largest outdoor rink in the Midwest with room for hundreds of people to skate at once. Fans can watch the game while skating or standing. There is no designated seating area.
The event is free. Skating will cost $6 and skate rental is $4. Food and drinks will be sold by the Steinberg Skating Rink (no outside food or beverages allowed).Video screen schedule for the St. Louis Classic6 p.m.
- Blues Roundtable Show6:30 p.m.
- Classic Blues game: Brett Hull’s four-goal game vs. Detroit on Easter Sunday in 19957 p.m.
- Classic Blues game: Monday Night Miracle (1986)7:30 p.m.
- The best Blues moments of 2010 – great wins on Oct. 9, Oct. 22, Oct. 23 and Nov. 68 p.m.
- John Kelly and Darren Pang talk to the crowd from Edmonton8:05 p.m.
- Blues intro video, National Anthem8:30 p.m.
- FOX Sports Midwest’s Blues Live pregame show, originating live from Steinberg Rink9 p.m.
- Blues at Edmonton (intermission reports live from Steinberg Rink)11:30 p.m.
- FOX Sports Midwest’s Blues Live postgame show, originating live from Steinberg Rink
Fans can visit FOXSportsMidwest.com
for updates and more information.