The Blues and Stars clash tonight in a rematch of their 2016 second round playoff series. The Blues have found success at American Airlines Center, winning seven of their last nine trips, including three of four in last year's playoffs. St. Louis is looking to rebound from a shutout loss to the Rangers on Tuesday. Last season, they were shutout five times and managed to earn points in the following game on all five occasions (4-0-1).
What to Watch
Keeping Jamie Benn quiet will be a key for the Blues. Over the past four regular seasons and including the postseason, Benn ranks third overall in points (280). For his career, the Stars are 200-84-33 when he logs at least a point. The Blues were successful in the 2016 postseason against the Stars, in part, because they kept Benn off the score sheet in four of the seven games.
- Alexander Steen is one shy of 200 career goals
- Alex Pietrangelo is tied with Chris Pronger (12) for second in game-winning goals among defensemen in franchise history
- Ryan Reaves is nine shy of 600 career PIM
- Jake Allen (12) is one shutout shy of Roman Turek (13) for 4th on the all-time franchise list
- The Blues have posted 66 takeaways compared to 55 giveaways for a league-best 1.20 tka/gva ratio this season
- St. Louis has scored a goal or less in four straight games. They haven't gone at least five straight under those circumstances since a six-game segment from Feb. 21 - March 1, 2008
- The Blues are 2-0-0 vs. the Central this season, including a 5-2 win over CHI and a 3-2 win over MIN
- Dating back to last season, the Blues have won eight consecutive regular season division games in a row. Their last lost came back on Feb. 27, 2016 in NSH
50th Anniversary Throwback Note
On this day in 1968, St. Louis' Camille Henry scored his 7th (and final) career hat-trick, and the first hat-trick in team history in a 4-4 tie at Detroit