The Blues will look to avenge their first meeting of the season against the Stars, when they fell 6-2 at American Airlines Center. In the regular season series, the Blues have won two of the last three and six of the last eight meetings with the Stars, including three consecutive wins at Scottrade Center. After back-to-back losses in division play, the Blues have won two straight vs. Central Division foes, including Nashville (Nov. 19) and Minnesota (Nov. 26). The Blues will look to continue their success at Scottrade Center, where they have won four straight and earned points in each of their last nine (7-0-2). The Blues' last five-game home win streak came from Dec. 19, 2013 to Jan. 14, 2014.
What to Watch
Jake Allen extended his home win streak to a career-best four games on Saturday after stopping 28 Minnesota shots in regulation and overtime as well as all four of their shootout attempts. Paul Stastny is always one to watch in this series. Since entering the League in 2006-07, he ranks seventh overall in career regular season points against the Stars with 40 (18 goals, 22 assists). And, can David Perron extend his point streak? It is currently the longest active in the NHL at seven games (two goals, eight assists).
- Jay Bouwmeester - 3 shy of 300 career assists
- Vladimir Tarasenko - 4 shy of 100 career PIM
- Paul Stastny - 2 shy of 700 career games
- Jori Lehtera - 6 shy of 100 career PIM
- Kyle Brodziak - 3 shy of 100 games as a Blue / 7 shy of 400 career PIM
- Kevin Shattenkirk - 3 shy of 200 career assists
- The Blues have points in nine straight home games for the first time since an equal stretch from Dec. 29, 2014 - Feb. 3, 2015
- Since losing to Columbus on Nov. 12, the Blues lead the NHL with a plus-7 third period goal differential
- David Perron's second assist on Saturday vs. Minnesota gave him 200 assists for his career
- With eight goals in 18 games thus far, Jaden Schwartz has already equaled his total from last season, when he dressed in 33 games
- At home this season, Jake Allen is 7-0-2 and has won four straight at Scottrade Center.
50th Anniversary Throwback Note
On this day in 1991, St. Louis' Brett Hull began a team-record 25-game point scoring streak in the Blues' 5-2 win over the visiting Quebec Nordiques