ST. LOUIS - Game 5 of the Blues’ first-round playoff series vs. the Chicago Blackhawks was the most-watched Blues game on FOX Sports Midwest in the team’s 20 seasons on the regional sports network.
The double overtime thriller earned a 15.0 rating/183,000 households in the St. Louis market, according to Nielsen Media Research. It was the most-watched program of the day in St. Louis, as were the previous four games of the series.
Facts and Figures: Blues-Blackhawks Game 5
- Highest-rated Blues game ever on FOX Sports Midwest.
- Number 1 program of the day in St. Louis.
- Highest-rated Blues game on any network since April 25, 2000, when Game 7 of the Blues first-round series vs. San Jose scored an 18.4 on KPLR.
- Toyota Blues Live pregame show earned a 4.6, after posting an all-time best 5.3 before Game 4 Tuesday in Chicago.
Viewership high in young demos:
- Among Men 25-54, Game 5 averaged a 17.1 rating/48 share.
- Among Men 18-34 it scored a 12.6/52 share (52 percent of Men 18-34 watching TV at the time were tuned to the game).
Game 6 in Chicago will be Saturday night on NBC, with the Missouri Lottery Blues Live postgame show airing on FOX Sports Midwest after Cardinals baseball. Game 7, if necessary, is scheduled for Monday on FOX Sports Midwest.
Highest-Rated Blues Games on FOX Sports Midwest
Household ratings; St. Louis DMA; courtesy of Nielsen
1. 15.0 - April 21, 2016 - Blues vs. Chicago; First Round, Game 5
2. 13.0 - April 24, 2015 - Blues vs. Minnesota; First Round, Game 5
3. 12.7 - April 19, 2016 - Blues at Chicago; First Round, Game 4
4. 12.4 - April 22, 2015 - Blues at Minnesota; First Round, Game 4
5. 11.9 - April 21, 2014 - Blues at Chicago; First Round, Game 3