ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues television viewership on FOX Sports Midwest increased 22 percent to an all-time high 4.9 household rating during the 2014-15 regular season, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The Blues’ local market TV ratings rank second among U.S.-based NHL teams, the team’s highest ranking ever.
Blues ratings have increased each of the last five seasons. The TV audience is especially large among difficult-to-reach young adults, with Blues prime time games on FOX Sports Midwest out-rating all other channels’ prime time averages among Adults 25-54 during hockey season in St. Louis.
In its 19th season as the home of the Blues, FOX Sports Midwest televised 71 games in 2014-15, while the remaining 11 aired on national TV.
FOX Sports Midwest’s Blues coverage continues into the playoffs. Any first-round games not scheduled for NBC will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest, and the Blues Live postgame show will air after every playoff contest.
Facts and Figures: Blues set ratings records on FOX Sports Midwest
- 2014-15 was the highest-rated season of Blues hockey ever on FOX Sports Midwest
- 4.9 household rating, up 22 percent over last season
- Fifth straight season reaching new all-time high
- Among adults 25-54, Blues hockey in prime time is No. 1 in St. Louis vs. the average prime time rating of all other channels during hockey season, 25 percent higher than second-place KMOV and KTVI. (average rating, Adults 25-54, St. Louis DMA, Oct. 8, 2014-April 7, 2015, 7-11 p.m. CT)
- Tuesday's (April 7) game was the highest-rated regular-season game ever on FOX Sports Midwest.
Top five regular season games on FOX Sports Midwest:
1. April 7, 2015 8.4
2. Jan. 21, 2013 7.4
3. Nov. 6, 2014 6.9
4. Feb. 5, 2015 6.7
5. April 2, 2015 6.6