|The Blues finished October with a 6-1-2 record, marking its third best start in franchise history. (Getty Images)
ST. LOUIS – The Blues finished the month of October with a 6-1-2 record and 14 points, their third best nine-game start in franchise history.
In addition, they extended their franchise best 11-game home winning streak. The team's 5-0-0 home record to start the year is their best since 2000-01.
St. Louis owns the NHL’s best home record and the best point percentage (.778) in the league.
In the week ending Oct. 30, the Blues went 2-0-0 as Jaroslav Halak
earned his second career shutout as a Blue on Oct. 28 against Nashville and his first shootout victory on Oct. 30 vs. Atlanta. Halak’s shutout streak of just over 160 minutes ended on Saturday but the Blues erased a two-goal third period deficit with the help of Jay McClement’s first career hat trick, defeating Atlanta in the shootout.
Both T.J. Oshie
and Brad Boyes scored on their shootout attempts while Halak turned aside both of Atlanta’s shooters.
St. Louis will open November with a home game against the San Jose Sharks this Thursday but most of the month will be spent away from Scottrade Center as the Blues will play just five home games while they travel for a season-high nine road games.
Other highlights from the past week include:
- Jay McClement recorded his first career hat trick vs. Atlanta on Oct. 30
- Jaroslav Halak ended the month with the league’s most home wins and the third most wins overall. He owns the NHL’s third best goals-against average (1.71) and the fourth best save percentage (.932) while he remains one of five goaltenders with multiple shutouts
- Alex Steen scored his first goal of the season, a shorthanded marker against Nashville last Thursday
- T.J. Oshie’s seven game point streak (1-8-9) ended Oct. 30 vs. Atlanta
- Brad Boyes recorded his 100th assist as a Blue on Oct. 28 at Nashville
- The Blues ended a five-game losing streak to Nashville on Oct. 28.
- The Blues erased a two-goal third period deficit Oct. 30 against Atlanta, earning their first shootout win of the year