ST. LOUIS - The Blues met the Edmonton Oilers for the first time last Thursday night at Rogers Place in Alberta. Vladimir Sobotka opened the scoring, Alexander Steen scored the go-ahead goal on the power play and Brayden Schenn added two goals in the third period to help the Blues to a 4-1 victory, snapping a two-game losing streak.
The Blues held Oilers' star Connor McDavid to just three shots on goal and a minus-2 rating in the game. Jake Allen stopped 29 of 30 saves to record his 100th career victory.
Since then, the Blues earned a come-from-behind 4-3 overtime victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday to improve to 15-5-1 on the season (31 points), which ranks first in the Western Conference and just one point behind the Tampa Bay Lightning for first overall in the League. The Oilers dropped a 6-3 decision to the Dallas Stars on Saturday, falling to 7-11-2 on the season. Edmonton remains in second-to-last place in the West, just three points ahead of the Arizona Coyotes.
Video: Blues Gameday Live for Nov. 21
The Blues have earned points in 11 of their last 13 games against Edmonton at Scottrade Center. Since the 2014-15 season, the Blues are 36-19-9 against Canadian teams.
The Blues activated Jay Bouwmeester from injured reserve on Monday and will get the defenseman back in the lineup. Bouwmeester has missed 21 games with a fractured ankle he sustained during a training camp scrimmage on Sept. 17.
Tuesday's game begins at 7 p.m. and can be seen on the NBC Sports Network, the NBC Sports App. Fans can also tune into the action on KMOX 1120 AM or the NHL app.
HOT VS. EDMONTON
- Alex Pietrangelo has six assists in his last seven games.
- Vladimir Tarasenko has 12 points in his last 12 games (seven goals, five assists) against the Oilers.
- Brayden Schenn has five points in his last two games (three goals, two assists) vs. Edmonton.
- Vladimir Sobotka has a three-game point streak (two goals, four assists) against the Oilers.
- Brayden Schenn extended his career-long point streak to seven games with an overtime game-winner on Saturday. Schenn has five goals and 10 assists in that span.
- Over his last 10 starts, Jake Allen is 7-3-0 with a 2.66 goals-against average and a .908 save-percentage.
- Joel Edmundson has six goals on the season, which ranks second among all NHL defensemen.
- Paul Stastny recorded three assists in Saturday's win against the Canucks. Stastny has points in three straight games.