THIS WEEK'S GAME SCHEDULE
Columbus Blue Jackets (26-33-7, 59 pts./4th Place - Central Division)
Date Opponent/Arena - Time(ET) (Television/Radio Information)
Wed., Mar. 7 LOS ANGELES KINGS/NATIONWIDE ARENA - 7 p.m. (FSN Ohio /WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Fri., Mar. 9 DALLAS STARS/NATIONWIDE ARENA - 7 p.m. (None/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Sat., Mar. 10 at Nashville Predators/Gaylord Entertainment Center - 8 p.m. (FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
Team (Record/Standing) Player to Watch
Los Angeles Kings (22-33-10, 54 pts./5th, Pacific Div.) LW Alexander Frolov (T-10th in NHL in goals, has 33-29-62 in 65 GP)
Dallas Stars (38-22-5, 81 pts./2nd, Pacific Div.) C Mike Ribeiro (Currently leads Stars with 10-33-43 in 64 GP)
Nashville Predators 44-18-5, 93 pts./1st, Central Div.) RW Shane Doan (7-time All-Star leads team with 22-44-66 and is +14)
Tue., Mar. 6 Nationwide Arena - 10:30 a.m. ET
Wed., Mar. 7 Nationwide Arena - 10:30 a.m. ET
Thu., Mar. 8 Nationwide Arena - 11 a.m. ET
Fri., Mar. 9 Nationwide Arena - 10:30 a.m. ET
Sat., Mar. 10 Gaylord Entertainment Center* - 11:30 a.m. CT
Sun., Mar. 11 Dispatch Ice Haus* - 12 p.m. ET
Mon., Mar. 12 Dispatch Ice Haus - 10:30 a.m. ET
Practices in the Dispatch Ice Haus are open to the public.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS Game (Result) Storylines
Feb. 27 at Colorado (L, 2-3) Nash scores twice in final two minutes, but Jackets unable to overcome three Avalanche goals
Mar. 2 at Dallas (SOW, 3-2) Chimera nets shootout winner, adds assist as Columbus sweeps season series at Dallas
Mar. 3 at Phoenix (W, 4-3) Nash scores pair, Vyborny has three assists and Platt adds 0-2-2 to earn back-to-back road wins
RECENT TRANSACTIONS: Mar. 3 – Assigned RW Adam Pineault to Syracuse (AHL)… Mar. 2 – Added RW Adam Pineault to the roster on Emergency Recall from Syracuse (AHL)… Feb. 28 – Added C Zenon Konopka to the roster on Emergency Recall from Syracuse (AHL)… Feb. 27 – Acquired a fifth round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft in exchange for G Ty Conklin… Feb. 26 – Placed RW Dan Fritsche on Injured Reserve.
OhioHealth INJURY REPORT: D Adam Foote (ankle, Mar. 2 at Dallas) is out indefinitely… C Alexander Svitov (upper body, Feb. 27 at Colorado) is day-to-day… D Duvie Westcott (concussion, Jan. 6 at San Jose) is out indefinitely… G Pascal Leclaire (knee) is out indefinitely… C Dan Fritsche (wrist laceration, Feb. 25 vs. Nashville) is day-to-day… Man Games Lost to Injury - 192.
- The Blue Jackets won back-to-back road games Mar. 2 at Dallas and Mar. 3 at Phoenix to earn back-to-back road wins for only the second time this season. The two wins also gave Columbus 12 road wins for the season, tying a franchise record set last season.
- With the win Mar. 2 at Dallas, the Jackets swept the season series at Dallas. Earlier this season, Columbus earned its first win at Dallas, a 3-1 victory Dec. 12. The Stars will make their first appearance of the 2006-07 season in Columbus this Friday.
- Nine of Columbus' last 12 games have been decided by one goal (4-3-2) with a 4-2 loss (including empty net goal) vs. St. Louis on Feb. 14, 3-0 win over San Jose on Feb. 16 and 4-0 loss vs. Edmonton on Feb. 22 the exceptions.
- Columbus has played 18 of its 21 sets of back-to-back games this season and has a combined record of 17-16-3 in those games, including a 7-1-1 mark in the past nine. The club is 10-7-1 in the first game (four-straight wins) and 7-9-1 in the second (3-1-1 in the last five). The Jackets' 19th set of back-to-backs is this Friday vs. Dallas and Saturday at Nashville.
- LW Fredrik Modin is one goal shy of 200 in his NHL career (199-195-394 in 725 games).
- LW Rick Nash scored two goals in a game for the fourth and fifth time this season this past week with a pair of goals Feb. 27 at Colorado and Mar. 3 at Phoenix.
- RW David Vyborny tallied three assists Mar. 3 at Phoenix to give him 42 assists on the season, his second straight season with 40-plus assists, becoming only the second player in franchise history to accomplish the feat (Ray Whitney – 40 in 2001-02 and 52 in 2002-03). He is one of only four players in franchise history to record a 40-assist season.
- C Geoff Platt recorded his first multi-point game of his NHL career with 0-2-2 Mar. 3 at Phoenix.
- G Brian Boucher stopped 32-of-35 shots to earn his first win as a Blue Jacket in his first start with the club Mar. 3 at Phoenix.
- D Marc Methot tallied his first career point with an assist Mar. 2 at Dallas.
- With 8-21-29 in 64 games, D Ron Hainsey is four points shy of passing Bryan Berard (12-20-32 in 44 games, 2005-06) for the second-most points in a season by a Blue Jackets defenseman. Jaroslav Spacek holds the record with 9-36-45 in 81 games during the 2002-03 season.
UPCOMING PROMOTIONS/IN THE COMMUNITY
Tuesday, Mar. 6 - Hats For Heroes Night at bd’s mongolian barbeque: The Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation presents Hats For Heroes Night at bd's mongolian Barbeque to fight pediatric cancer from 6-8 p.m. at all three bd's locations. The night features Blue Jackets players, broadcasters, celebrity grillers representing the Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge 9 and player autographs. Players will visit from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Jody Shelley and Dan Fritsche will appear at the Arena District bd's; Ron Hainsey will be at the Sawmill location and Fredrik Modin will be at the Easton bd's.
Wednesday, Mar. 7 vs. Los Angeles – DISPATCH/MIX 97.1 FAMILY NIGHT: The Dispatch/Mix 97.1 Family Night package includes four tickets, four Sugardale hot dogs, four Pepsis, four popcorns, four UDF Ice Cream cone coupons, and four skate passes to the Dispatch Ice Haus for just $88… COLUMBUS ZOO NIGHT: The Blue Jackets present Columbus Zoo and Aquarium Night Wednesday Mar. 7 when the Jackets take on the Los Angeles Kings at 7 p.m. The night will feature Jack Hanna animal displays on the concourse, prize giveaways, and more. The doors open at 6 p.m. Buy your tickets at www.BlueJackets.com or call (614) 246-PUCK.
BLUE JACKETS ON THE RADIO
The Doug MacLean Show airs on WBNS Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Wednesdays from 3-4 p.m. with the Blue Jackets President and General Manager, FSN Ohio's Jeff Rimer and 1460 The Fan's Bruce Hooley.
Between the Pipes with the Blue Jackets can be heard on the Blue Jackets Radio Network and flagship station Sports Radio 1460 the Fan on Sundays from 10-11 a.m. with hosts Mark Wyant and members of the Blue Jackets broadcast team.
Individual game and group tickets for Blue Jackets games at Nationwide Arena are on sale now at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, the Chiller Easton, the Chiller Dublin and Chiller North, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (614) 431-3600 or via the internet at www.ticketmaster.com.
For information on season tickets or group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Nationwide Arena Box Office two hours prior to every home game.