THIS WEEK’S GAME SCHEDULE
Columbus Blue Jackets (31-37-7, 69 pts./4th Place – Central Division)
Date Opponent/Arena - Time(ET) (Television/Radio Information)
Tue., Mar. 27 at St. Louis Blues/Scottrade Center - 8 p.m. (FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Thu., Mar. 29 ANAHEIM DUCKS/NATIONWIDE ARENA - 7 p.m. (FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Fri., Mar. 30 at Chicago Blackhawks/United Center - 8:30 p.m. (FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
Sun., Apr. 1 DETROIT RED WINGS/NATIONWIDE ARENA - 12:30 p.m. (NBC/WBNS-AM1460 The Fan, CD101.1 FM)
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
Team (Record/Standing) Player to Watch
St. Louis Blues (31-32-12, 74 pts./3rd, Central Div.) C Doug Weight (4-time All-Star leads club with 13-40-53 in 75 GP)
Anaheim Ducks (44-19-12, 100 pts./1st, Pacific Div.) RW Teemu Selanne (All-Star leads club with 44-42-86, 23 PPG in 75 GP)
Chicago Blackhawks (27-36-9, 63 pts./5th, Central Div.) RW Martin Havlat (Leads club with 24-30-54, +15 in 51 GP)
Detroit Red Wings (45-19-11, 101 pts./2nd, Central Div.) D Nicklas Lidstrom (4-time Norris Trophy winner has 13-48-61, +36)
Tue., Mar. 27 Scottrade Center, St. Louis - 11:30 a.m. CT
Wed., Mar. 28 Nationwide Arena - 12 p.m. ET
Thu., Mar. 29 Nationwide Arena - 10:30 a.m. ET
Fri., Mar. 30 United Center, Chicago - 11:30 a.m. CT*
Sat., Mar. 31 Dispatch Ice Haus - 11:30 a.m. ET
Sun., Apr. 1 No Practice Scheduled
Mon., Apr. 2 Dispatch Ice Haus - 11 a.m. ET
Practices in the Dispatch Ice Haus are open to the public.
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Game (Result) Storylines
Mar. 20 vs. Chicago (5-2, W) Fredrik Modin twice set up by David Vyborny in a span of 5:13 of the 2nd period to break 1-1 tie.
Mar. 22 at Detroit (2-1, SOW) Tollefsen ties game at 17:18 of 3rd, Fedorov wins it in 6th rd. of shootout; Norrena makes 35 saves.
Mar. 25 vs. St. Louis (4-1, W) Chimera has career-high 0-3-3, Malhotra adds 1-1-2 and Norrena makes 25 saves as Jackets roll.
ROSTER REPORT RECENT TRANSACTIONS: Mar. 24 - Signed Alaska-Fairbanks D Darcy Campbell to a two-year entry level contract… Mar. 20 – Assigned LW Joakim Lindstrom to the Syracuse Crunch (AHL)… Mar. 20 – Recalled D Derrick Walser and LW Joakim Lindstrom to the Syracuse Crunch (AHL)… Mar. 19 – Signed Holy Cross D Jon Landry to a two-year entry level contract.
OhioHealth INJURY REPORT: D Rostislav Klesla (hip, Mar. 17 at Los Angeles) is expected to miss seven to 10 days… D Bryan Berard (back) is out indefinitely… D Adam Foote (ankle, Mar. 2 at Dallas) is out indefinitely… D Duvie Westcott (concussion, Jan. 6 at San Jose) is out indefinitely… C Dan Fritsche (wrist laceration, Feb. 25 vs. Nashville) is out indefinitely… G Pascal Leclaire (knee) will miss the rest of the season… Man Games Lost to Injury - 244.
- Since suffering a 2-1 loss at Calgary on Dec. 1 that dropped the club's record to 6-16-2, the Blue Jackets have posted a record of 25-21-5. During that span, Columbus has gone 13-9-2 at Nationwide Arena and posted a 12-12-3 mark on the road. The Jackets have set a franchise record for road wins with 14 despite beginning the season 2-9-0 away from home.
- The Jackets have posted a 7-4-1 record in March with wins in their last three games. The seven wins are tied for the most in club history in the month of March (7-7-1 in 2005-06).
- The Blue Jackets posted a 2-1 shootout win at Detroit on Mar. 22 to improve its season series record to 3-3-0 against their Central Division rivals. This season marks the first time since Columbus joined the NHL in 2000 that the club has earned three wins against Detroit. The teams meet again in Columbus on Apr. 1 and Detroit on Apr. 3.
- Columbus has won its past three shootouts after beginning the season 2-5 in its first seven games decided in that fashion.
- G Fredrik Norrena went 3-0-0 with a 1.29 goals-against average and .953 save percentage in three games last week, stopping 82-of-86 shots against. He made 22 saves in a 5-2 win over Chicago on Mar. 20; stopped 35 shots and three-of-five shootout attempts in a 2-1 win at Detroit on Mar. 22; and made 25 saves in a 4-1 win over St. Louis on Mar. 25. Since Jan. 19, he has a record of 12-7-1 with a 2.28 goals-against average and .925 save percentage in 21 games.
- LW Fredrik Modin scored the 200th goal of his NHL career at Anaheim on Mar. 14 and registered his 400th career point with his 20th goal of the season vs. St. Louis on Mar. 25. Modin, who has 6-5-11 in his last 14 games, has registered 203-197-400 in 734 career NHL games.
- D Ole-Kristian Tollefsen scored his first NHL goal vs. Chicago on Mar. 20 in his 69th game. He added his second in the next game, scoring late in the third period at Detroit on Mar. 22 to tie the game at 1-1 and force overtime in an eventual 2-1 win.
- LW Jason Chimera collected a career-high three assists vs. St. Louis on Mar. 25 to raise his season totals to 13-19-32 and +4 in 75 games. This year marks the second-straight in which he has topped 30 points (17-13-30 in 80 games in 2005-06).
- C Manny Malhotra scored his eighth goal of the season vs. St. Louis on Mar. 25. The goal was also his third game-winner (Jan. 5 at Anaheim and Dec. 31 vs. Chicago), which is third on the team (Rick Nash and Dan Fritsche, four).
UPCOMING PROMOTIONS/IN THE COMMUNITY
Thursday, Mar. 29 vs. Anaheim – REGULAR GUY NIGHT: The Regular Guy Night package includes a game ticket, nachos and a Blue Jackets replica mini helmet for $26.
Thursday, Apr. 5 vs. Dallas – COLLEGE NIGHT PRESENTED BY CD101: The CD101 College Night package includes a game ticket, exclusive College Night t-shirt, one Chipotle burrito buck and free admission to a post-game party at the Frog, Bear & Wild Boar Bar (21 & over only) for $25.
Saturday, Apr. 7 vs. Anaheim – FANtastic FANale: All fans in attendance will receive a 2006-07 Blue Jackets team photo poster and be eligible to win the jerseys off the players backs immediately after the final regular season game of the season.
For information on all promotions, log on to www.BlueJackets.com or call (614) 246-PUCK.
BLUE JACKETS ON THE RADIO
The Doug MacLean Show airs on WBNS Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Wednesdays from 3-4 p.m. with the Blue Jackets President and General Manager, FSN Ohio's Jeff Rimer and 1460 The Fan's Bruce Hooley.
Between the Pipes with the Blue Jackets can be heard on the Blue Jackets Radio Network and flagship station Sports Radio 1460 the Fan on Sundays from 10-11 a.m. with hosts Mark Wyant and members of the Blue Jackets broadcast team.
Individual game and group tickets for Blue Jackets games at Nationwide Arena are on sale now at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, The Blueline Team Stores at the Chiller Ice Rinks and the Mall at Tuttle Crossing, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (614) 431-3600 or via the internet at www.BlueJackets.com and www.ticketmaster.com.
For information on season tickets, call (800)NHL-COLS or for group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK. Deposits are now being accepted for season tickets for the 2007-08 season.
Huntington Green Seats will be available for tonight's game and every game during the 2006-07 season. The Huntington Green Seats are 250 seats that are priced at $10 for every home game this season and are available only at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, two hours prior to game time. For tonight's game each person may purchase a maximum of four seats.
Click here to purchase tickets now.