Tyutin, Commodore, Torres, Hueslius, Umberger, Backman and York have been added to the core of the CBJ's. Gone are Zherdev, Brule and Fritsche… upgrade in talent for the team?
Depth and experience are clamoring the lineup for the first time in franchise history and we should all be excited to have such talent that will allow the team to make another climb up the annual ladder toward the team goal of the NHL playoffs.
One individual that would have been excited to see Mike York as part of the Bluejacket squad would have been our late owner Mr. Mac. Mike is a graduate of Michigan State and has put up some good numbers early in his NHL career. Playing under a good friend of our late owner, Ron Mason at MSU, Mike had a successful collegiate career and showed his worth as a right handed shot center man, not the left winger he is listed. Coupling him with Michael Peca in the right shot department is a definite plus, with mainstay Manny Malhotra and newly acquired R.J. Umberger as left handed centers, both certainly take pride in face-off wins. This should deliver a solid base of defensive and offensive support when needed in the face-off circle.
Other news of interest!
- Jay Bouwmeester apparently has signed a one-year deal with the Panthers, turning down a lucrative long term contract.
- The new Therma Blade has been endorsed by Marty Reasoner and Martin Erat. They both feel they are quicker coming out of the turns and used them during the entire 2007-08 season.
- Selanne and Sundin are taking their time in making decisions in their playing future. Sundin has expressed that August 1st will be his deadline for his decision. My guess… back with Toronto!!
- If you get a chance to read updated information on some of the trips with the Cup with Mike Babcock, Tomas Holmstrom and others, take the time and enjoy. It is a good read.
- NYI have their choice of coaches. Gallant, Tortorella, Hartley and how about Bryan Trottier? That could be a fan favorite and fill a few seats.
- With two full weeks into my left knee rehab, it is actually going pretty good. Mentally I am craving to tee it up, but physically not a chance to partake… so… Reading, yard work and the putting stroke is getting plenty of attention.
*Throughout the season, AAA brought you the Broadcaster's Blogs - "Davidge Dishes" and "Rimer Ramblings". The Columbus Blue Jackets broadcasters will try to keep you updated on all the offseason action through their blogs.