Get to know Zach Bogosian ...
- Ranked second overall among OHL defensemen with 50 assists and was the only defenseman during the 2007-08 OHL season to lead his team in points with 61 (11-50--61).
- Was one of five draft eligible players nominated for the OHL's 2008 Red Tilson Memorial Trophy for most outstanding player – Josh Bailey (Windsor), Drew Doughty (Guelph), Jared Staal (Sudbury) and Steven Stamkos (Sarnia) are also nominees.
- Participated in the CHL Top Prospects Game and the OHL All-Star Classic in 2008.
- Was selected in four categories in 2008 in annual OHL Coaches Poll. He tied with Belleville's Geoff Killing for top defensive defenseman, finished second in offensive defenseman and third in smartest player and hardest worker voting.
- Attended Cushing Academy for the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons where former NHL All-Star Ray Bourque was an assistant coach. He played alongside his older brother, Aaron, as well as Bourque's son, Ryan -- Aaron Bogosian is currently a freshman at St. Lawrence University.
- His father, Ike, was co-captain of the 1981 Syracuse University football team along with former New York Giant great Joe Morris and his uncle was an All-American football captain at West Point.
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career – "he has been there no matter what."
- He wears the number four because "(he) was a Bobby Orr fan growing up."
NHL Team: Ottawa Senators
NHL Player: Detroit's Chris Chelios
Shootout Move: "Behind the back"
Goal Celebration:"Fist pump"
Video Game: NHL '08
Movie: Enemy at the Gates
Actor: Russell Crowe
Book: Harry Potter
Pump-up Song: Final Countdown Techno
Food to Cook: Pasta
Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse
Activity Away from the Rink: Bowling
Place to Visit: Florida
Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2006-07 Peterborough OHL 67 7 26 33 63
2007-08 Peterborough OHL 60 11 50 61 72