Get to know Tyler Myers ...
- Listed at just over 6'7", he is the tallest North American skater ranked by Central Scouting.
- Was selected to represent Team Canada at the Under-18 World Championships in April 2008 – had previously played for the U.S. in other international events but with his participation in the World Championships for Canada, an IIHF sanctioned tournament, he will no longer be eligible to represent the U.S.
- Participated in the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the bronze medal at the 2007 Canada Winter Games playing with Team Alberta.
- He patterns his game after Chris Pronger, "trying to keep the game as simple as possible" and he wears number three because his dad wore the number when he played.
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career – "he has always pushed me to reach my full potential."
- The best advice he has ever received is a Kevin Costner quote from the movie Bull Durham – "Don't think Meat. It can only hurt the club."
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Jarome Iginla, Bobby Orr and Mario Lemieux.
- If he could be in any one movie he would choose Wedding Crashers and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be a coach.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player: Robyn Regehr
Shootout Move: "Fake shot, backhand, forehand - top shelf"
Goal Celebration: "Double fist pumps"
Video Game: Grand Theft Auto
Movie: Forest Gump
Actor: Adam Sandler
Book: Harry Potter
Pump-up Song: Benny Benassi - "Turn Me Up"
Food to Cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Volleyball
Activity Away from the Rink: Going out for dinner
Place to Visit: Grandparents in Harrisburg, PA
Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2006-07 Kelowna OHL 59 2 13 15 78
2007-08 Kelowna OHL 65 6 13 19 97