G et to know Thomas McCollum ...
- Received Guelph's Academic Player of the Year Award and was nominated for the OHL's Bobby Smith Award in 2007-08.
- Was the only three-time winner of the CHL Goaltender of the Week award in 2008 – he won the award on February 6th as well as on back-to-back honors on December 11th and December 18th. He was also named the OHL Goaltender of the Month for December.
- In his rookie season in 2006-07, he set the Guelph Storm all-time record for single season shutouts with five, participated in the 2007 OHL All-Star Classic and was nominated for OHL Goalie of the Year.
- Represented Team USA at the 2007 IIHF World Under-18 Championship in Finland.
- Patterns his game after Vancouver's Roberto Luongo – "he is the best at what he does and he always competes."
- His nickname is 'T' – "it was the only name the guys could think of" and he wears number 33 because he loves the number three and it's balanced.
- He got his start in hockey when he was four years old – "I was already skating for two years and I wanted to be like the Buffalo Sabres." He played minor hockey for the Wheatfield Blades from 1994 to 2006.
- His most memorable hockey moment was getting a shutout in his first OHL game – "it proved to me that I could play at that level" and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Patrick Roy, Grant Fuhr and Roberto Luongo.
- If he could be in any movie he would choose Miracle and if he wasn't playing hockey he would be playing basketball.
NHL Team: Buffalo Sabres
NHL Player: Vancouver's Roberto Luongo
Shootout move: Making a save
Practice Drill: Rebound
Video Game: Rock Band
TV Show: The Simpsons
Actor: Adam Sandler
Book: Harry Potter Pump-up song: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
Food to cook: Mac and Cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Roller hockey
Place to visit: Home
Season Team League GP GAA MINS SO SV%
2006-07 Guelph OHL 55 2.39 3,158 5 .918
2007-08 Guelph OHL 51 2.50 2,978 4 .914