Get to know Mikkel Boedker ...
- Helped lead the Kitchener Rangers to the Memorial Cup final with six points (2-4-6) in five games.
- Finished tied for second with 26 assists and second overall with 35 points in 20 playoff games helping Kitchener win the OHL championship in 2008.
- Ranked third overall among rookies in points with 73 (29-44-73) and tied for second overall in the league with nine game-winning goals in 2007-08.
- Voted as the Best Skater in the OHL's Western Conference in the annual Coaches Poll.
- He played on a line with Steven Stamkos at the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game, registering a goal and an assist.
- Participated in the 2008 World Junior Championships for Denmark alongside his older brother, Mads. He finished second in team scoring with six points (2-4-6) in six games.
- He left his hometown of Brondby, Denmark at the age 15 to move to Sweden to play for Frolunda in the Swedish Junior League where they won the Swedish Junior Championships in 2006-07.
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career for everything he has taught him as well as all of the hockey that he brought him to.
- His nickname is 'Bodsey' and he wears number 89 because his favorite number eight was taken and 89 was his mom's suggestion.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Wayne Gretzky, Alexander Ovechkin and his brother, Mads.
If he could be in any one movie he would choose "Remember the Titans" and if he wasn't playing hockey he would be in construction.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player:Marian Gaoborik
Shootout Move: "Forehand Deke"
Video Game:Counter Strike
Movie: Gridiron Gang
Book: Da Vinci Code
Food to Cook: Bacon and Eggs
Activity Away from the Rink: XBox 360
Place to Visit: Copenhagen, Denmark
Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2006-07 Frolunda Jr. SWE-Jr. 39 19 30 49 14
2007-08 Kitchener OHL 69 29 44 73 14