Get to know Luca Sbisa ...
- Led all WHL defensemen through the first two rounds of the playoffs, recording 13 points (3-10-13) in 11 games.
- Was one of two Hurricanes selected to participate in the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game.
- Represented Switzerland at the 2008 World Junior Championships and the 2007 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial.
- Won the Carl Trentini Memorial Award as the Lethbridge Hurricanes Rookie of the Year in 2007-08.
- Played last season with Zug of the Swiss Jr. Elite League and was selected with Lethbridge's second pick, 79th overall, in the second round of the 2007 CHL Import Draft.
- He patterns his game after Montreal defenseman and fellow countryman, Mark Streit – "he is skilled and he can play in many situations."
- He wears number five after choosing it when he became a defenseman; as a forward he wore number 21.
- He credits his parents for having had the most influence on this career because they support him as much as they could – his dad, an avid skier, used to be on the junior national team.
- The one thing he couldn't live without is TV and if he could be in any movie he would choose his favorite, Hitch.
- Began playing hockey after his parents took him to a game in Zug when he was four-years-old and he played all his hockey growing up for EV Zug.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL Player: Mats Sundin
Shootout Move: "Fake shot, move right, then leftr"
Video Game: NHL 08
Actor: Adam Sandler
TV Show: Family Guy
Food to Cook: Pasta
Activity Away from the Rink: Golf
Place to Visit: Dubai
Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2007-08 Lethbridge WHL 62 6 27 33 63