BLUE JACKETS 4 | SABRES 2
Cam Atkinson Post Game
Nick Foligno Post Game
Dalton Prout Post Game
Todd Richards Post Game
Cam Atkinson Goal
Second Period Highlights
Nick Foligno Goal
Matt Calvert Goal
First Period Highlights
Ryan Murray Pregame
Scott Hartnell Pregame
Todd Richards Pregame
UPDATE (11:05 AM): Todd Richards confirmed that Fedor Tyutin will be in the lineup tonight. Tyutin will go in for Justin Falk, skating with Dalton Prout. The rest of the defense pairings will be the same as Wednesday night.
UPDATE (10:15 AM): The Jackets will go with the same forward lines that were used against the Maple Leafs..
- Fedor Tyutin is out on the ice for the morning skate and will be a game-time decision. Tyutin has missed the last two games due to an injury.
- Ryan Murray appears to be in the lineup again. Murray returned from injury to play against the Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
Let's do it one more time, Jackets' fans!
The Blue Jackets' will close out their home schedule for the season on Friday night when they welcome the Buffalo Sabres to town. The Jackets struggled at home for much of the season, but with five straight wins at Nationwide Arena the team is going out on the right foot. The Jackets can tie a franchise record with a point tonight, which would extend their streak to 12 games.
The Sabres sit last in the NHL and have struggled all season long. The silver-lining on that season would be that last place would guarantee them the opportunity to draft one of the top two prospects in the draft, Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid. With a regulation loss tonight, the Sabres would "clinch" last place.
- With a win tonight, Todd Richards would make some history of his own. Richards 125 wins behind the Jackets' bench are currently tied with Ken Hitchcock for the most in franchise history.
- Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to start in net for Columbus, his 11th consecutive start.
- The Blue Jackets have won their home finale in each of the last three seasons. The last team to spoil Columbus' last hurrah at Nationwide Arena was the Buffalo Sabres in April 2011.