EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
As I've gown accustomed to doing each Friday morning, I'll begin with my "oh my gosh it's almost hockey season" reflection: FanFest is two days away, Media Day is slated for Tuesday and in less than one (!!) week, the Blue Jackets will take the ice for their first on-ice session of training camp.
With our second #DefendNWA campaign in full swing, you've probably seen a lot of us sporting the flashy avatar on our Twitter profiles and also on Facebook, where we have some nice-looking cover photos for you to download. Single-game tickets for Blue Jackets games go on sale TODAY (Sept. 6) at noon and you won't want to miss out on your best opportunity to secure tickets to the best games in 2013-14.
While you're doing your daily reading of the blogs around the CBJ community, be sure to take a minute and check out the various contests our bloggers are putting on. You'll have chances to win signed pucks, autographed jerseys and much more - all you have to do is show how YOU plan to #DefendNWA this year.
And really, who doesn't like fun times and free stuff?
Without further ado (and cut down on how much I ramble), let's go to the blogosphere for this week's links:
- It's that time again: the Traverse City NHL prospects tournament is underway in northern Michigan. Our guy CBJ Prospects is on-scene and recaps the Blue Jackets rookies' opening loss to Buffalo.
- Here's the #DefendNWA contest being run through The Union Blue.
- Over at Union & Blue, Mark Huss reflects on some of the staff's poll questions this year in "General Consensus."
- The guys at SB Nation's Cannon blog have their #DefendNWA contest posted. Give it a look and give yourself a chance at awesome prizes.
- Also from The Cannon: a preview of the Traverse City rookie tournament.
- From FoxSportsOhio.com, a pair of stories: Alison Lukan's feature on Derek MacKenzie and his commitment to community, and also Rick Gethin's sit-down with Nathan Horton.