EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Hopefully your week has been a fun and hockey-filled one, and we're gearing up here at Nationwide Arena for a big game tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Blue Jackets are in the middle of a four-game home stand and a stretch in which they will play eight of nine games at home, so it's a big chance to make up some ground in the Metropolitan Division and start to chase down front-running Pittsburgh.
As we do each week, we're gathered here in the Community Spotlight to highlight the latest and greatest stories from around the #CBJ online community. Speaking of the community, what a great start it's been to the season on that front. Some great #CBJBWW watch parties, the Social Station has been packed each and every night, and it's only going to get better as the season rolls along.
If you'll pardon my quick tangent, we'll get into this week's links...
- SB Nation's Cannon blog is taking you back to the 80s...kind of. With the Anaheim Ducks in town and this being Teemu Selanne's final season, the guys at The Cannon are giving you a chance to win Social Station tickets to Sunday's game.
- Also from The Cannon, Lou Bordeaux recaps the most recent stretch of hockey for the Springfield Falcons.
- Ever wonder what it's like to experience a Blue Jackets game in the Time Warner Cable HD Lounge at Nationwide Arena? The emphasis is truly on "experience," and the Union Blue team covered it with a feature story and a photo gallery that's guaranteed to make you hungry.
- CBJ Prospects brings you the latest prospects report...don't scroll without clicking this link.
- From Union & Blue, Rob Brumfield breaks down tonight's game between the Blue Jackets and the Maple Leafs.
- Also from Union & Blue, Tyler West explains how Nick Foligno makes the Jackets a better team.
- From Alison Lukan at FOXSportsOhio.com, the story of the Blue Jackets gearing up for hockey's biggest fight.
- Rick Gethin, also from FOXSportsOhio.com, writes about the Jackets getting contributions from everyone early on in the season.