EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Late game tonight in Vancouver but we're up and at 'em early to bring you this week's Community Spotlight. And just as there always seems to be, there was plenty to talk about - which generated plenty of conversation in the Blue Jackets community.
What a roller coaster week it was: the Blue Jackets opened their five-game Canadian trip with a 4-1 win in Ottawa, followed by a game we won't talk about anymore in Edmonton, and then a rebound victory in overtime the next night in Calgary. Tonight's contest in Vancouver is the fourth of five on the trip, and at 2-1-0 so far, the Jackets can do themselves a lot of favors by picking up two points at Rogers Arena.
So, what are some of the highlights from this week's roundup?
First, our congrats to Jeff Little who made the move from The Union Blue over to SB Nation's Cannon blog. Jeff has been a valued contributor to the fan community for a long time, and he's going to do great work for The Cannon.
Without further ado, here are the links...
- Dan Edwards from The Union Blue provides this in-depth recap of the Blue Jackets' 2-1 win in Calgary. What did he like, dislike, want to see improve? Read it for the full scoop.
- Ken from The Union Blue chimes in with his "3 Stars" from the victory in Calgary...agree/disagree? Read and let him know.
- This is a big week for Blue Jackets prospects, and in particular, those playing in the Ontario Hockey League. Our friend CBJ Prospects has the details on an exciting time for the Jackets' stars of the future.
- Lou Bordeaux at SB Nation's Cannon blog has the latest on the Springfield Falcons, who are playing well despite losing several players to NHL call-ups. Read more on the first-place Falcons.
- As they do each week, the FOXSportsOhio.com CBJ digital team held their Rinkside Chat to talk all things Blue Jacket hockey. Miss the chat? Good news: here's the transcript.
- Mike Majeski from Union & Blue recaps the latest in Buckeye State hockey...minor hockey, pro hockey and college hockey. want to know how your team did? Mike's got you covered.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!