EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Thursday, everyone!
We're bumping the Community Spotlight up a day this week because of the Blue Jackets' back-to-back games in Los Angeles and San Jose prior to the Olympic break. Things have been pretty busy and there has been plenty to talk about, including the team's 4-2 win in Anaheim to kick off the California road trip.
Also of note this week: if you're interested in joining the Jacket Backers on their upcoming Mar. 8 bus trip to Nashville, the deadline is THURSDAY (Feb. 6)! Spots are filling up fast, and you don't want to miss out...these bus trips are awesome. Contact the Jacket Backers on Twitter or click on one of the links they've sent from their account for more info.
Here are this week's links...
- Our friend Greg presents a couple of ways to cure your "Jackets withdrawal" during the Olympic break. Listen to Greg, because he's a wise man.
- A strong piece from "The Coach" at The Union Blue, breaking down a few random plays from recent Blue Jackets games with some terrific insights. A must-read.
- Here's a great story from Doug Cutler at The Hockey Writers on the USA Warriors' recent visit to Columbus, which included a sled hockey clinic for disabled veterans.
- Lou from SB Nation's Cannon blog takes a look at the retirement announcement of Springfield Falcons president and part owner Bruce Landon, a hockey icon in western Massachusetts.
- This is a pertinent update: Dan P. from The Cannon blog updates us on the Metro Division standings.
- Julia Lawrence from Union & Blue examines the impact of two Blue Jackets rookies, none other than Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!