EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Thursday and game day, everyone!
You guessed it: there has been plenty to talk about over the last week and most of it has focused on injuries and exactly *what* did the Blue Jackets do to warrant this all-out assault from the injury bug? If it's not one thing, it's something else shortly thereafter. But hey, such is life in the NHL, right? You make the best out of the situation and roll with the guys in the lineup. That's what the Jackets will do tonight in Philadelphia and hopefully, they'll have two big pieces back in time for Saturday's game.
Is this upcoming stretch a pivotal one for the Jackets? The community seems to agree that yes, it most definitely is. With that in mind, let's take our tour around the blogosphere and see what #CBJ fans are talking about.
Here are the featured links for the latest edition of our Community Spotlight...
- Mike MacLean from SB Nation's Cannon blog penned a nice piece about how "the time is now" for the Blue Jackets to begin a fervent push toward the postseason.
- From Springfield to Sweden and back, there's no piece of Blue Jackets prospect news that gets past CBJ Prospects. Here's his latest week-in-review roundup that you won't want to miss.
- The digital team at FOXSportsOhio.com held their latest "Rinkside Chat" on Wednesday night and talked all things #CBJ hockey with fans. Miss the chat? No worries, because we've got the transcript right here.
- Also from FOXSportsOhio.com: Alison Lukan recaps a fun night at Hockey N Heels and talks to female hockey fans about their experiences at the event.
- Cool feature here from Dannie at Strait Jackets: what is the Matt Calvert effect, and is it really a thing? She presents some compelling evidence, but you'll have to read it to find out.
- In the spirit of the Winter Classic and HBO's 24/7 series, Mike Majeski of Union & Blue asks the question: which Blue Jackets players would be stars in the 24/7 series? This is a fun story.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!