After beating the Islanders at home Friday, the Jackets head to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks for the first time this season.
GAME 2: BLUE JACKETS VS. BLACKHAWKS
UNITED CENTER, 8:30 P.M.
TV: FOX SPORTS OHIO / FOX SPORTS GO
RADIO: CD 102.5 & BLUEJACKETS.COM
After beating the Islanders at home Friday, the Jackets head to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks for the first time this season. This will be the first time Artemi Panarin suits up against his former club and faces a Blackhawks roster that includes three former Blue Jackets, (Brandon Saad, Anton Forsberg, and Artem Anisimov).
Here's all the information you need to know to be ready for the game:
2017-18 Season: (0-0-0) The two clubs meet twice this season.
"BY THE NUMBERS"
- 6: in the last six games between the two teams, the Blue Jackets posted a 4-2-0 record.
- 0: Thoughts Panarin says he has given playing his former team, "I'm not thinking about it too much. I'm glad to see some familiar faces. That's about it."
- 80: Nick Foligno has returned to playing center this season. In his regular season debut Friday, he won 80 percent of the faceoffs he took, going eight for ten.
- 10: The number of goals scored by Chicago in a 10-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins. The nine-goal margin of victory matched the largest of any home opener in NHL history.
- 5: Ryan Hartman went 1-4-5 in Thursday's win by Chicago. He's the 15th player in NHL history, and first Blackhawks player to record at least five points in a season opener.
- 2: For the second game in a row, the Blackhawks host a team playing the second game of a back-to-back.
SEASONS TO DATE:
Both teams come into Saturday's game off commanding wins. The Blue Jackets (1-0-0) beat the Islanders 5-0, and Chicago (1-0-0) put up ten goals against the defending Stanley Cup Champions including three from Brandon Saad alone.
The season is still early and it will be interesting to watch if each team can keep up their offensive production after such a burst of goals in game one.
The Blackhawks will be rested, and at home, while the Blue Jackets travel from Columbus for their first game on the road this season.
Nine of the past 12 contests in the Blue Jackets-Blackhawks series have been decided by a goal (not including empty net scores), including four games after regulation.
FROM THE COACH:
"I thought we played quick (Friday). I think that's the most important thing for this team with the youth we have. We added more speed than last year, we have to have a mindset of playing quick and I thought we did.
"I thought our defensemen's legs were moving all the time, getting us out of the zone as quickly as possible. That's what we're looking for.
"We want to stay on ourselves and take it one day at a time. We hit a team that spanked Pittsburgh, we play them (Saturday). It will be a good test for us coming in back-to-back games."
Panarin - Wennberg - Atkinson
Milano - Foligno - Bjorkstrand
Dubois - Dubinsky - Calvert
Hannikainen - Sedlak - Dalpe
Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Carlsson