LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Nov. 1 – at Pittsburgh 4, COLUMBUS 2
(Johansen – G, 3 hits, 3 shots; MacKenzie – G, +1 rating; Bobrovsky – 10 saves/13 shots; McElhinney – 13 saves/14 shots)
Nov. 2 – Pittsburgh 3 at COLUMBUS 0
(MacKenzie – 6 hits, 1 takeaway; Prout – 3 blocked shots, 3 shots on goal; McElhinney – 24 saves/26 shots)
THIS WEEK’S GAME/BROADCAST SCHEDULE (Times ET)
Tuesday, Nov. 5 vs. OTTAWA SENATORS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thursday, Nov. 7 vs. NEW YORK RANGERS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Nov. 9 vs. NEW YORK ISLANDERS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, NOV. 5 - 11
Tuesday, Nov. 5: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Nov. 6: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Nov. 7: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Nov. 8: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Nov. 9: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Sunday, Nov. 10: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Nov. 11: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 5-8-0 (10 pts.) – 6th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 3-4-0 (6 pts.)… Road: 2-4-0 (4 pts.)
Leading Scorers: RW Marian Gaborik (5-5-10 in 12 GP)… D James Wisniewski (1-9-10 in 13 GP… C Ryan Johansen (4-4-8 in 13 GP)… C Brandon Dubinsky (3-5-8 in 13 GP)… LW R.J. Umberger (1-6-7 in 13 GP)… C Artem Anisimov (4-3-7 in 13 GP)
Goaltender Stats: Sergei Bobrovsky (4-7-0, 2.79 GAA, .910 SV% in 11 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (1-1-0, 1.55, .949 in 3 GP)
OTTAWA SENATORS AT A GLANCE
Record: 4-6-4 (12 pts.) – 6th/Atlantic Division… Home: 1-3-2 (4 pts.)… Road: 3-3-2 (8 pts.)
Head Coach: Paul MacLean… Players to Watch: F Jason Spezza, D Erik Karlsson, F Bobby Ryan
All-Time: CBJ, 4-5-2 (3-1-1 at home)… The Jackets have won four of their last six games against the Sens… The last five meetings have been decided by one goal… This season: First of three meetings… Next game: Nov. 17 at Ottawa
NEW YORK RANGERS AT A GLANCE
Record: 6-7-0 (12 pts.) – 4th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 2-1-0 (4 pts.)… Road: 4-6-0 (8 pts.)
Head Coach: Alain Vigneault… Players to Watch: F Brad Richards, G Henrik Lundqvist, F Derek Stepan
All-Time: CBJ, 6-4-2 (5-2-0 at home)… The Jackets have won or tied their season series with the Rangers in six of the 10 seasons in which they’ve played… Columbus is 11-for-53 on the PP (20.8%) and 44-for-49 (89.8%) on the PK all-time vs. New York… This season: First of four meetings… Next game: Dec. 12 at New York
NEW YORK ISLANDERS AT A GLANCE
Record: 6-5-3 (15 pts.) – 2nd/Metropolitan Division… Home: 3-3-3 (9 pts.)… Road: 3-2-0 (6 pts.)
Head Coach: Jack Capuano… Players to Watch: F John Tavares, F Thomas Vanek, G Evgeni Nabokov
All-Time: CBJ, 10-1-4 (6-0-2 at home)… The Jackets’ lone regulation loss was a 4-0 setback at New York on Dec. 23, 2006… This season: Second of four meetings… The Jackets earned a 3-2 come-from-behind shootout win at the Islanders on Oct. 5… Next game: Mar. 23 at New York
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- LW Matt Calvert (Injured Reserve – abdominal surgery, expected to miss six weeks)
- RW Nathan Horton (shoulder surgery, out indefinitely)
- C/RW Boone Jenner (lower body injury, out indefinitely)
- Man Games Lost to Injury: 43
- Dating back to last season the Blue Jackets are 24-13-5 in their last 42 games played.
- The Blue Jackets currently rank 10th in the NHL in total team hits (343) and are second in the league with only 69 giveaways on the season.
- Columbus currently ranks second in the Eastern Conference with a team face-off winning percentage of 52.7.
- The Blue Jackets are 29-0-0 when leading a game after two periods under head coach Todd Richards.
- Following its three home games this week, Columbus will play seven of its next eight on the road.
- D James Wisniewski has tallied 1-7-8 at Nationwide Arena in 2013-14, tying him for third place among all NHL defensemen in home ice scoring.
- C Brandon Dubinsky currently ranks 11th in the NHL in FO% (56.0) and is tied for the league lead in shorthanded points with two (1-1-2).
- C Derek MacKenzie leads all Blue Jackets players and ranks 21st among NHL forwards with 37 hits on the season.
- D Ryan Murray is tied for fourth among rookie defensemen with a +2 plus/minus rating, is tied for second among first-year blueliners in power play goals/points (1) and ranks 10th in blocked shots (16).
BLUE JACKETS PRESENT MILITARY APPRECIATION NIGHT ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9
The Columbus Blue Jackets will salute those who have served or are currently serving in the nation’s armed forces during the club’s Military Appreciation Night on Saturday, November 9 when the Jackets host the New York Islanders at Nationwide Arena. Game time is 7 p.m. The night will feature several tributes, recognition of all branches of service and a charitable auction of newly designed camouflage-style jerseys worn by the Blue Jackets players during pre-game warm-ups. More information on this special evening can be obtained by clicking HERE.
BLUE JACKETS TAKING PART IN MOVEMBER
Throughout November, the Columbus Blue Jackets and Blue Jackets Foundation will once again be doing their part to help raise awareness for men’s health this season. Several players will be growing moustaches as part of the ‘Movember’ initiative, with fans being encouraged to donate funds towards the cause by visiting http://moteam.co/columbus-blue-jackets.