Tuesday, Nov. 25 vs. WINNIPEG JETS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Friday, Nov. 28 vs. VANCOUVER CANUCKS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Nov. 29 at Nashville Predators, Bridgestone Arena, 8 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, NOV. 25-DEC. 1
Tuesday, Nov. 25: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Nov. 26: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Nov. 27: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Nov. 28: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Nov. 29: 11:30 a.m. CT – Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
Sunday, Nov. 30: 11:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Monday, Dec. 1: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 6-12-2 (14 pts.) – 8th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 3-6-1 (7 pts.)… Road: 3-6-1 (7 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (7-16-23, 20 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (10-10-20, 19 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (5-9-14, 20 GP)
Leading Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (5-6-1, 2.95 GAA, .911 SV%, 12 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (1-5-1, 3.65 GAA, .887 SV%, 8 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 0-2-1… Nov. 18 – 5-0 L vs. Detroit… Nov. 21 – 4-3 SOL vs. Boston… Nov. 22 – 4-2 L at Philadelphia
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
WINNIPEG JETS – Record: 10-9-3 (23 pts.) – 4th/Central Division… Home: 4-5-1 (9 pts.)… Road: 6-4-2 (14 pts.)
Head Coach: Paul Maurice… Players to Watch: RW Blake Wheeler… LW Andrew Ladd… D Toby Enstrom
All-Time: CBJ, 10-6-0 (5-3-0, home)… CBJ have gone 7-1-0 in the last eight meetings since Dec. 26, 2007 and 4-1-0 at Nationwide Arena since Nov. 7, 2003… This Season: First of two meetings… Jan. 21 at WPG.
VANCOUVER CANUCKS – Record: 14-6-1 (29 pts.) – 2nd/Pacific Division… Home: 6-3-1 (13 pts.)… Road: 8-3-0 (16 pts.)
Head Coach: Willie Desjardins… Players to Watch: C Henrik Sedin… LW Daniel Sedin… G Ryan Miller
All-Time: CBJ, 16-24-9 (10-10-5, home)… Jackets are 2-1-2 in the last five meetings overall since Mar. 7, 2013, and 3-0-1 at Nationwide Arena since Dec. 13, 2011… This Season: First of two meetings… Mar. 19 at VAN.
NASHVILLE PREDATORS – Record: 13-5-2 (28 pts.) – 2nd/Central Division… Home: 7-1-1 (15 pts.)… Road: 6-4-1 (13 pts.)
Head Coach: Peter Laviolette… Players to Watch: D Shea Weber… G Pekka Rinne… C Filip Forsberg
All-Time: CBJ, 24-41-11 (8-25-6, road)… CBJ is 5-2-0 in the last seven meetings overall and 3-1-0 at Bridgestone Arena since Jan. 19, 2013… This Season: First of two meetings… Dec. 22 at CBJ.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT (subject to change)
• INJURED RESERVE: C Brandon Dubinsky (abdominal, surgery on Oct. 8) is expected to miss six weeks… D Fedor Tyutin (knee sprain, IR on Nov. 15) is out four to six weeks… C Mark Letestu (groin, IR on Oct. 30) is expected to miss two to four weeks… D Cody Goloubef(knee, IR on Nov. 3) is expected to miss six weeks… D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 136
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES,GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.
NEWS & NOTES
• Columbus currently boasts the NHL’s fifth-best power play at 23.4 percent (18-of-77) and has scored with the man advantage in 14-of-20 games… The 18 power play goals are tied for the second most in the NHL (St. Louis), trailing only Pittsburgh’s 22 power play goals.
• The Jackets, who play three Western Conference teams during Thanksgiving week, are 3-3-0 against the West this season, including 3-2-0 against Pacific Division opponents.
• The Blue Jackets have gone 4-2-2 in games decided by one goal this season.
• Columbus was the last team in the NHL to have a game decided by the shootout this season, falling 4-3 in the seventh round to Boston on Nov. 21... It was the latest in a campaign the Blue Jackets played in their first shootout (19th game) since the format was adopted in 2005-06, surpassing the previous long recorded in 2009-10 (12th game).
• The Blue Jackets are averaging 11.7 PIM per game, which is the seventh-most in the NHL.
• Columbus has recorded 574 hits (28.7 a game) this season, the seventh-most in the NHL and has averaged 31.2 hits a game at Nationwide Arena.
• D Jack Johnson recorded his first goal of the season Nov. 21 vs. Boston and has posted 1-5-6 in his last eight games played, including points in the last two straight (1-1-2).
• C/LW Boone Jenner recorded his first goal of the season Nov. 22 at Philadelphia and has collected 1-5-6 in nine games after missing the first 11 games this season due to injury.
• C Ryan Johansen and LW Nick Foligno continue to rank among the NHL’s top 20 point producers this season as Johansen is tied for sixth with 7-16-23 in 20 games and Foligno stands 17th-T with 10-10-20 in 19 games… Johansen, who ranks tied for fifth in the NHL in assists and fourth-T in power play points (11), has picked up points in 14-of-20 games and has recorded six multi-point games this season… Foligno, who ranks seventh-T in the NHL in goals and third-T in power play goals (5), has registered a team-leading eight multi-point games this season.
• D James Wisniewski sits one game away from 500, three goals shy of 50 and one point shy of 250 in his NHL career.
• D Jordan Leopold recorded his first point in a Blue Jacket uniform, picking up an assist on Nov. 21 vs. Boston… He was acquired from St. Louis in exchange for a 2016 fifth round draft pick on Nov. 15.
• Friday, Nov. 28 vs. Vancouver – TIM HORTONS JACKETS PACK: This offer includes a ticket, $10 food & beverage voucher, Blue Jackets hat, Tim Hortons travel mug with a voucher redeemable for a free coffee fill-up and 10-pack of Timbits starting at $30 per person.
CBJ HOST ANNUAL “JACKETS FOR JACKETS” COAT DRIVE NOV. 28 – DEC. 13
The Columbus Blue Jackets, in partnership with WBNS-10TV, are asking fans to support The Salvation Army of Central Ohio’s efforts to help local families in need by donating a coat during the eighth annual “Jackets for Jackets” coat drive. Fans are encouraged to donate new and gently used coats of all sizes between Friday, November 28 and Saturday, December 13 at Nationwide Arena, participating OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks and FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line locations. All of the collected coats will be donated to the Salvation Army of Central Ohio and then redistributed to local families in need. Since the inception of the “Jackets for Jackets” program in 2007, more than 7,500 coats have been donated and redistributed by The Salvation Army of Central Ohio to families in need.
FOX SPORTS OHIO FLORIDA FLY AWAY
Fans who watch the Blue Jackets on FOX Sports Ohio between November 4-29 will see a keyword to enter via text to 37664 or by visiting www.BlueJackets.com/FloridaFlyAway. Nightly winners will receive an autographed puck, two tickets to an upcoming game and be entered to win the grand prize – a three-night trip to Tampa that includes airfare, two tickets to the Jan. 31 Blue Jackets-Lightning game, hotel accommodations and $300 spending cash.
KENDA TIRES FOR TICKETS
Anyone who purchases Kenda Tires at a participating Tire Discounters location will receive a rebate that can be mailed in with their sales receipt to receive a corresponding number of tickets to one of the following CBJ home games – Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis, Mar. 3 vs. Washington or Mar. 24 vs. Anaheim. Buy four tires, receive four tickets. The offer is good throughout the month of November.