Tuesday, Nov. 18 vs. DETROIT RED WINGS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/CD102.5 FM
Friday, Nov. 21 vs. BOSTON BRUINS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Nov. 22 at Philadelphia Flyers, Wells Fargo Center, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, NOV. 18-24
Tuesday, Nov. 18: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Nov. 19: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Nov. 20: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Nov. 21: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Nov. 22: 11:30 a.m. ET – Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
Sunday, Nov. 23: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Nov. 24: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 6-10-1 (13 pts.) – 7th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 3-5-0 (6 pts.)… Road: 3-5-1 (7 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (6-14-20, 17 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (9-9-18, 16 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (5-9-14, 17 GP)
Leading Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (5-4-0, 2.60 GAA, .917 SV%, 9 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (1-5-1, 3.65 GAA, .887 SV%, 8 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 2-1-0… Nov. 11 – 4-2 L at Washington… Nov. 14 – 4-3 W at Philadelphia… Nov. 15 – 2-1 W vs. San Jose
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
DETROIT RED WINGS – Record: 8-4-5 (21 pts.) – 4th/Atlantic Division… Home: 6-2-2 (14 pts.)… Road: 2-2-3 (7 pts.)
Head Coach: Mike Babcock… Players to Watch: LW Henrik Zetterberg… C Pavel Datsyuk… G Jimmy Howard
All-Time: CBJ, 25-40-12 (16-16-8, home)… CBJ have gone 7-1-1 in the last nine meetings and are 17-17-4 since Nov. 24, 2007… This Season: First of three meetings… Dec. 16 at DET… Mar. 12 at DET.
BOSTON BRUINS – Record: 11-8-0 (22 pts.) – 3rd/Atlantic Division… Home: 7-4-0 (14 pts.)… Road: 4-4-0 (8 pts.)
Head Coach: Claude Julien… Players to Watch: G Tuukka Rask… C Patrice Bergeron… LW Milan Lucic
All-Time: CBJ, 5-7-3 (3-4-1, home)… Jackets are 0-3-3 in the last six meetings since a 3-2 win at Boston on Jan. 21, 2010… This Season: First of three meetings… Dec. 27 at CBJ… Jan. 17 at BOS.
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS – Record: 7-7-2 (16 pts.) – 6th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 5-2-2 (12 pts.)… Road: 2-5-0 (4 pts.)
Head Coach: Craig Berube… Players to Watch: RW Jakub Voracek… C Claude Giroux… RW Wayne Simmonds
All-Time: CBJ, 6-7-3 (2-5-1, road)… CBJ is 5-2-0 in the last seven meetings… This Season: Second of five meetings… Jackets won 4-3 at Philadelphia on Nov. 14… Dec. 9 at CBJ… Feb. 13 at CBJ… Feb. 17 at PHI.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT (subject to change)
• RW Jack Skille (upper body, Nov. 8 vs. Tampa Bay) is day-to-day… INJURED RESERVE: C Brandon Dubinsky (abdominal, surgery on Oct. 8) is expected to miss six weeks… D Fedor Tyutin (knee sprain, IR on Nov. 15) is out four to six weeks… C Mark Letestu (groin, IR on Oct. 30) is expected to miss two to four weeks… LW Matt Calvert (upper body, IR on Nov. 15 retroactive to Nov. 7) is day-to-day… D Cody Goloubef (knee, IR on Nov. 3) is expected to miss six weeks… D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 118
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES,GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.
DÉJÀ VU ALL OVER AGAIN
• Through 17 games, the Blue Jackets have the same record (6-10-1) that they had in 2013-14, a season in which the club set franchise records for wins (43) and points (93). Here is a look at how the statistics match up:
• 2013-14: Record – 6-10-1 (13 pts.)… GF – 43… GA – 50… PP – 18.6%... PK – 80.0%... Man Games Lost (Injury) – 55
• 2014-15: Record – 6-10-1 (13 pts.)… GF – 44… GA – 59… PP – 24.6%... PK – 76.2%... Man Games Lost (Injury) – 118
NEWS & NOTES
• The Blue Jackets posted back-to-back wins Nov. 14-15 (4-3 at Philadelphia and 2-1 vs. San Jose) for the first time since opening the season with a pair of victories Oct. 9 and 11 (3-1 at Buffalo and 5-2 vs. NY Rangers).
• Columbus currently boasts the NHL’s fourth-best (tied) power play at 24.6 percent (17-of-69) and has scored with the man advantage in 13-of-17 games… The Blue Jackets have tallied three PPG in a game twice in the last four outings – 3-of-5 vs. Tampa Bay on Nov. 8 and 3-of-4 at Philadelphia on Nov. 14.
• The Jackets have gone 4-2-1 in games decided by one goal this season.
• The Blue Jackets are averaging 11.8 PIM per game, which is tied for the seventh-most in the NHL.
• G Sergei Bobrovsky made a season-high 36 saves in a 2-1 win vs. San Jose on Nov. 15 in his first game back after missing seven contests due to a broken finger. The win was the 100th of his NHL career (100-58-21, 2.60 GAA, .917 SV%, 9 SO in 188 GP).
• C Ryan Johansen and LW Nick Foligno continue to rank among the NHL’s top 15 point producers this season as Johansen is tied for eighth with 6-14-20 in 17 games and Foligno stands 15th-T with 9-9-18 in 16 games… Johansen, who ranks sixth in the NHL in assists, has picked up points in 13-of-17 games and set a career high for points and assists in a game with 0-4-4 on Nov. 14 at Philadelphia… Foligno, who ranks seventh-T in the NHL in goals, registered his team-leading seventh multi-point game with 2-1-3 vs. the Flyers.
• D James Wisniewski matched his career high with three assists on Nov. 8 vs. Tampa Bay and two games later registered his second career two-goal game on Nov. 14 at Philadelphia.
• C/LW Boone Jenner has collected five assists in six games after missing the first 11 games this season due to injury.
• C Artem Anisimov returned to the lineup on Nov. 15 vs. San Jose and collected 0-1-1, +1 and won 9-of-14 face-offs taken.
• D Jordan Leopold logged 17:11 TOI on Nov. 15 vs. San Jose in his CBJ debut after being acquired from St. Louis in exchange for a 2016 fifth round draft pick earlier that day. He has registered 66-144-210 and 276 penalty minutes in 660 career NHL games.
• Friday, Nov. 22 vs. Boston – TIM HORTONS JACKETS PACK: This offer includes a ticket, $10 food & beverage voucher, Blue Jackets hat, Tim Hortons travel mug with a voucher redeemable for a free coffee fill-up and 10-pack of Timbits starting at $30 per person.
CBJ, CAM ATKINSON AND BUD LIGHT TEAM UP FOR BLUE JACKETS FOUNDATION THIS WEDNESDAY
Fans age 21 and older are invited to come to BBR in the Arena District on Wednesday at 7 p.m. for the first-ever Bud Light CBJ Shoot with Cam Atkinson. Fans that make a minimum donation of $5 to the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation will have a chance to participate in a special Rock Paper Scissors tournament with the winner taking on Cam in the final round and receiving a Blue Jackets and Bud Light prize pack. In addition, the event will include sales of a Bud Light draught beer in a commemorative CBJ Shoot pint glass for $5 (while supplies last), a signed-jersey auction and more with proceeds benefiting the Blue Jackets Foundation.
FOX SPORTS OHIO FLORIDA FLY AWAY
Fans who watch the Blue Jackets on FOX Sports Ohio between November 4-29 will see a keyword to enter via text to 37664 or by visiting www.BlueJackets.com/FloridaFlyAway. Nightly winners will receive an autographed puck, two tickets to an upcoming game and be entered to win the grand prize – a three-night trip to Tampa that includes airfare, two tickets to the Jan. 31 Blue Jackets-Lightning game, hotel accommodations and $300 spending cash.
KENDA TIRES FOR TICKETS
Anyone who purchases Kenda Tires at a participating Tire Discounters location will receive a rebate that can be mailed in with their sales receipt to receive a corresponding number of tickets to one of the following CBJ home games – Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis, Mar. 3 vs. Washington or Mar. 24 vs. Anaheim. Buy four tires, receive four tickets. The offer is good throughout the month of November.