THIS WEEK’S GAME/BROADCAST SCHEDULE (Times ET)
Mon., Jan. 6 at NY Rangers, Madison Square Garden, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Fri., Jan. 10 vs. CAROLINA HURRICANES, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Sat., Jan. 11 at Winnipeg Jets, MTS Centre, 7 p.m. ET – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, Jan. 7-13
Tuesday, Jan. 7: No Practice Scheduled
Wednesday, Jan. 8: 10:30 a.m. – Nationwide Arena (IH)
Thursday, Jan. 9: 10:30 a.m. – Nationwide Arena (IH)
Friday, Jan. 10: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Jan. 11: 11:30 a.m. CT – MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MB
Sunday, Jan. 12: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Jan. 13: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Dec. 31– at Colorado 5, COLUMBUS 3 (Johansen – G, A, 10 FOW; Foligno – G, A, 6 hits; Umberger – 2A, 4 SOG; Murray – 4 blocked shots; McElhinney – 31 saves)
Jan. 2 – COLUMBUS 2, at Phoenix 0 (Horton – GWG, 1st Star of the Game in CBJ debut; Umberger – PPG; Wisniewski – A, 6 SOG; McElhinney – 34 saves, 4th career SO)
Jan. 4 – at St. Louis 6, COLUMBUS 2 (Anisimov – G; Letestu – G, +1 plus/minus rating; Comeau – A, takeaway; Savard – 3 blocked shots, 4 hits, +1; McElhinney – 31 saves)
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 18-20-4 (40 pts.) – 7th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 9-9-2 (20 pts.), Road: 9-11-2 (20 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (16-16-32 in 42 GP)… C Brandon Dubinsky (7-19-26 in 36 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (11-13-24 in 36 GP)… LW R.J. Umberger (11-12-23 in 42 GP)… D James Wisniewski (2-19-21 in 35 GP)
Goaltender Stats: Sergei Bobrovsky (10-11-2, 2.72 GAA, .909 SV% in 23 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (7-8-1, 2.81 GAA, .909 SV% in 19 GP)… Mike McKenna (1-1-1, 3.01 GAA, .904 SV% in 4 GP)
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
NEW YORK RANGERS – Record: 21-20-2 (44 pts.)… 5th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 8-10-2 (18 pts.)…
Road: 13-10-0 (26 pts.) Head Coach: Alain Vigneault… Players to Watch: LW Rick Nash, C Brad Richards, G Henrik Lundqvist, LW Mats Zuccarello... All-Time: CBJ, 7-5-2 (2-2-2 on the road)… The Blue Jackets earned a 4-2 victory at MSG on Dec. 12… Columbus has won three of its last four intradivisional games… This season: Third of four meetings… Next game: Mar. 21 at Columbus.
CAROLINA HURRICANES – Record: 18-16-9 (45 pts.)… 4th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 9-8-5 (23 pts.)…
Road: 9-8-4 (22 pts.) Head Coach: Kirk Muller… Players to Watch: C Eric Staal, LW Jeff Skinner, C Jordan Staal All-Time: CBJ, 8-6-0 (4-2-0 at home)… The Jackets have won six straight games versus the Hurricanes, including a come-from-behind 4-3 victory at PNC Arena on Dec. 23… This season: Second of five meetings… Next game: Jan. 27 at Carolina.
WINNIPEG JETS – Record: 19-21-5 (43 pts.)… 6th/Central Division… Home: 10-8-4 (24 pts.)… Road: 9-13-1 (19 pts.) Head Coach: Claude Noel… Players to Watch: RW Blake Wheeler, D Dustin Byfuglien, LW Evander Kane All-Time: CBJ, 9-6-0 (4-3-0 on the road)… Columbus has won six of its last seven games versus the Jets/Thrashers franchise… This will be the Jackets’ first regular season appearance at Winnipeg’s MTS Centre… This season: Second of two meetings… Last game: WPG 3 at CBJ 2, 12/16/13.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- RW Marian Gaborik (broken collarbone; surgery on Dec. 24 and will be sidelined indefinitely)… RW Jared Boll (torn ankle tendon; Injured Reserve on Nov. 26, surgery on Dec. 16, expected to miss three to four months)… LW Matt Calvert (upper body, placed on IR Jan. 1 retroactive to Dec. 21)… RW Jack Skille (upper body, placed on IR Jan. 3 retroactive to Dec. 21).
Total Man Games Lost to Injury/Illness in 2013-14: 182
- The Blue Jackets are 8-6-1 in their last 15 games and 4-3-0 in their last seven road games.
- Columbus has recorded only 218 giveaways this season, the second-lowest total in the NHL.
- The Blue Jackets rank fourth in the NHL, third in the Eastern Conference, with 1293 total team hits.
- Columbus has scored 44 third period goals this season, the fifth-highest total in the league.
- Following tonight’s road game against the Rangers, the Jackets will play nine of their next 12 games on home ice.
- C Ryan Johansen has tallied 10-9-19 in his last 19 games played and is now on pace to record 31-31-62 this season.
- D Nikita Nikitin recorded a +10 plus/minus rating during December, tying him for 1st among all NHL defensemen.
- LW Nick Foligno currently ranks 11th in the NHL in shooting pct. (18.0) and is tied for 9th in game-winning goals (4).
- D Ryan Murray currently ranks 5th among rookie NHL defensemen in TOI/game (20:12) and is tied for 2nd in blocked shots (69).
- LW Blake Comeau is currently tied for 9th in the NHL in hits by a forward with 128.
BLUE JACKETS, TIM HORTONS ANNOUNCE RETURN OF STINGER DONUT
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Tim Hortons have announced the return of the Stinger Donut, a specially-themed vanilla dip donut decorated with blue, red and Stinger-green sprinkles. The donut will be available in all central Ohio Tim Hortons restaurants beginning today with Stinger set to make several appearances at various locations throughout the week. Click HERE to view a full appearance schedule.
In addition, the Blue Jackets and Tim Hortons remind fans to celebrate a Jackets victory at home with the “Jackets Win, You Win” promotion. The morning following a win at Nationwide Arena, fans may show their game ticket at participating central Ohio Tim Hortons restaurants to receive one free large coffee.
BUY PEPSI, SAVE $10 ON A TICKET TO SEE THE BLUE JACKETS
Pick up specially marked Blue Jackets cans of Pepsi at participating retailers throughout Central Ohio for an offer to save $10 on any Blue Jackets ticket for home games between January 10 and February 1, 2014. Look for special Blue Jackets-branded Pepsi trucks throughout the area in support of this special offer.
CURRENT & UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
- Friday, January 10 vs. Carolina – TIM HORTONS JACKETS PACK: This special offer includes a game ticket, $10 food & beverage voucher, Blue Jackets hat, a Tim Hortons travel mug with voucher redeemable for a free coffee fill-up and a 10-pack of Timbits starting at $30 per person.
- Nationwide Insurance VIP Sweepstakes – Four times this season, Nationwide Insurance is awarding a lucky sweepstakes winner with a special VIP Game Experience that includes four game tickets in the Nationwide Insurance Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, a jersey, puck, player photo, the chance to watch warm-ups from the team bench and a ride the Nationwide Zamboni during intermission. Fans can enter at www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP with winners selected for the following games – Jan. 17 vs. Washington, Mar. 21 vs. NY Rangers and Apr. 4 vs. Chicago.
- Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge – The Blue Jackets are offering fans the chance to go behind the bench and make the calls the head coach makes through the Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge. Fans can visit BlueJackets.com at the link below to register, pick their lineup and Join the Battle! Over 40 prizes will be awarded throughout the season including autographed pucks and jerseys, game tickets and a suite night! To play, click HERE.
-Hollywood Casino Win & Get In to Play Poker with the Jackets – Fans can win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players thanks to the Hollywood Casino Win & Get In promotion. Fans can text ‘HOLLYWOOD’ to 90561 to receive a bounce-back text with a special code and instructions to visit Hollywood Casino’s Player Services. Upon showing their unique code and registering as a Marquee Rewards Club member, each fan will receive one entry to win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players in February. Fans can enter once during each of the following time periods – Dec. 30-Jan. 12, Jan. 13-26, Jan. 27-Feb. 9 – for a maximum of four entries to win a spot at the table. All fans must be 21 years of age or older. For more information, visit www.BlueJackets.com/Hollywood.